• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The command camera raw filter is currently not available"- Editing 32 bit photos

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All,

I use Lightroom and Photoshop to create HDR images by "Merge to HDR Pro in Photoshop"

I then would set the mode to 32 bit and click "tone in ACR", which would bring up ACR for that 32 bit smart object.

After updating my Lightroom and Photoshop today, I run into a problem. Photoshop says "the command camera raw filter is currently not available" after I click tone in ACR. It seems as though ACR will no longer let me use it with 32 bit images....

PLEASE HELP, this is how I do all of my professional work and need to resolve this ASAP. I have already tried reinstalling both Lightroom and Photoshop, and manually installing ACR to no avail.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Please see this document regarding the behavior change and workarounds:

Command 'Camera Raw filter' not available in Merge to HDR Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me also. Just updated and now this!

I have a tonne of professional images to edit and NEED a fix to this ASAP.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We've confirmed this behavior on our end. This has been reported to the engineering team for repair in a future release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And... now? Before the future?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before the future we can install the 9.9 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brett, this is the second time this issue has occurred in as many years. I have been a paying customer of Adobe's since 2009 and I use Premiere, Photoshop and Lightroom daily to run my business. These applications are essential tools and issues like this disrupt my workflow considerably. I feel your reply is very unhelpful given the impact that this issue has on my business. You have not provided any ETA nor work-around for this issue.

I have tried uninstalling both Photoshop and Lightroom and installing previous versions however this has not fixed the issue. If indeed there is a way this can be resolved by installing previous versions, can you please advise the correct way to do it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto. This is a big problem for me. Please tell us how we can go to previous versions of Photoshop and Lightroom because the latter reports ACR version mismatches and the former reports the missing Camera Raw filter as reported in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to manually install ACR 9.9. I won't try to explain that process here, contact support; they can remote into your computer and do it for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can install the 9.9 version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ditto.  I manually installed ACR 9.9 and no luck.  NO WAY am I going to let anyone "remote into my computer".   At a client now that wants to see HDR photos of their hotel.   Come on, Adobe...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then 1. You didn't install it correctly. and 2. Being a very privacy-concerned person myself, I had no issue letting them remote in after doing a little research. The program they use to do it is legit, and you can see everything they are doing anyways. As long as you are watching then you have nothing to worry about. The people who work for adobe support know they'll lose their job if they do anyting even remotely suspicious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I actually was having the same issue with a trial version of Photoshop, so I recently allowed an adobe employee to remotely access my computer, and within the hour there was suddenly a folder on my desktop entitled "Winter Wonderland 5" or something like that. I moved it to the trash only to have it reappear a few minutes later. I deleted it again, emptied my trash bin, and quickly got off the chat with the adobe employee. The employee took much longer than (I feel) was necessary to install an older version of photoshop as the fix. This was extremely disturbing to me since I run my own photography business and most of my life is built into my mac. Could you please provide me with some info to the highest corporate contact information you have so I can report this? I WILL be contacting corporate one way or another.

To everyone else out there, DO NOT let the adobe employees remotely access your computer. I felt extremely sketched out after that whole experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Condescending much?? ... how about pointing folks to the 9.9 download?

Also Adobe, this is BEYOND UNSAT! I (and others) pay for a service we depend on for our livelihood...this should be fixed yesterday, or a path with clear instructions to revert to an earlier build. How about some TRUE support?!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find a way to edit my HDR files!

After you had the "command camera raw filter is currently not available" error message you should do the following steps:

First flatten the layers (this is very important).

Save your file as TIFF

Than you open it as a RAW file and you can finish your workflow as you would usually do.

Worked as a charm!

Happy Easter everyone!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to be aware that the CameraRAW plug-in (which you are using following your description) works by default in 16 bit, and does not have a 32 bit option. And 16 bit works…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I add this as answer to the original question, but it takes into account the other answers/comments as well.

I did some quick and dirty tests, and it seems that CameraRaw 9.9 or 9.10 is NOT the culprit. The culprit is Photoshop 17.1.0.

When CameraRaw gets installed, it will be called from all installed Photoshop applications. I have CameraRaw 9.10 installed.

• Starting Photoshop CC 2015.5, opening a TIFF, switching to 32 bit --> CameraRaw filter can be selected, and it opens the picture.

• Starting Photoshop CC 2017 (version 17.1.0), opening a TIFF, switching to 32 bit --> CameraRaw filter (plus a bunch of other filters) can not be selected (because greyed out)

Conclusion: Photoshop CC 2017 (version 17.1.0) has a severe bug, as a bunch of filters are no longer working with 32bit pictures. The version of the CameraRAW seems to be of no relevance (I can not test that, because there is always only one CameraRAW plug-in/filter available, system-wide).

BTW, there are other serious bugs in version 17.1.0, in connection with the CameraRAW plug-in.

Possible workarounds (note, this is not from Adobe; I am just a simple user, using some logic):

a) downdate Photoshop to version 17.0.1 (which apparently worked, otherwise, this thread would have come up way earlier)

b) do the processing with the CameraRaw filter in 16 bit.

@davedwyervideo: The decision whether and when to fix a bug is taken by persons most likely not following this forum; Brett N is just the messenger. Depending on how critical a bug is, an immediate fix may come up, otherwise, we'd have to wait until the next "regular" update (that's my experience with Adobe and Acrobat).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This WOULD make sense, however after manually installing ACR 9.10, I reinstalled Photoshop 17.1.0 and everything is working. Maybe it's not ACR itself, but the interaction between ACR 9.10 and Photoshop 17.1.0? Therefore, it's not PS 17.1.0

TL;DR, I don't think you are 100% correct because I have ACR 9.9 and PS 17.1.0 and it works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does sound plausible, indeed. I think we can say that the interaction between Photoshop 17.1.0 and CameraRAW 9.9 / 9.10 is not as rock solid as it should be. 

So, a third workaround would be (if I understood it correctly) to update to the newest versions of CameraRAW and Photoshop, then uninstall Photoshop and reinstall.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I fixed this for now by installing Camera Raw 9.9 manually. (Just get the URL for 9.10 and change the 9.10 in the URL to 9.9 to get the link.) Unacceptable that a bug like this wouldn't see a faster fix, though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so check out 'Camera Raw' below.

I am unable to determine the version nor can I install or uninstall.

Untitled-1.jpg

With regards to manually installing - it would be really helpful if you could post the download link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the link for Camera Raw 9.10:

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorted, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see how editing in 16 bits even remotely solves the issue. 16 bit highlights are ugly as in... really ugly and the entire point of creating a hdr is to make an indoor picture with good window-highlights.

Distress by Maarten Tummers - Photo 207862131 / 500px

These kind of images aren't even possible with a 16 bit edit.

There wasn't even an issue to begin with until they decided to update PS + Craw. This entire ordeal happened right after the update and it needs to get fixed asap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see this document regarding the behavior change and workarounds:

Command 'Camera Raw filter' not available in Merge to HDR Pro

Rikk Flohr - Customer Advocacy: Adobe Photography Products

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So is there a patch on the horizon yet?

I am not too fond using 16 bits hdr as the highlights are too crappy and I am not a LR user. this always worked so it should work now too.

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines