• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text & Image frames

New Here ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a catalogue that vcomtains text, images & tables. I'm sure that before today all the frames round the text and tables were red, & round the images were green.
Now I have a mix of red & green text and table frames. . When I look at the layers pallette it shows me that a green frame shows an image and a red frame shows text. No in my deocument it doesn't!

How do I put my text and table frames back to red please?

Secondary question - why are the frames round tables often smaller than the table itself?

Many thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

The red and green frame edges indicate what Layer they are on. Based on your description, your text layer is red and the image layer is green. You can drag the dot (or the layer name) to move them from one layer to another. The color will change as the element changes layers.

InDesign CCss_005.pngInDesign CCss_006.png

Secondary question - why are the frames round tables often smaller than the table itself?

Hard to say since we haven't seen your file, or watched the layout workflow. You can adjust the frame sizes by tugging on the corners w

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The red and green frame edges indicate what Layer they are on. Based on your description, your text layer is red and the image layer is green. You can drag the dot (or the layer name) to move them from one layer to another. The color will change as the element changes layers.

InDesign CCss_005.pngInDesign CCss_006.png

Hard to say since we haven't seen your file, or watched the layout workflow. You can adjust the frame sizes by tugging on the corners with the Selection tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Frames aren't contained by the left or right margin. Never have been.

Edit: TABLES aren't contained....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean tables, Bob?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Barb, yes.

Added an edit to my post.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So assuming Bob has correctly guessed what you meant by the tables often being wider than the frames, you can make the frames wider, or you can Shift+drag the right edge of the table to the left to make the table fit in the frame/column/intended area.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Bob & Barb. I think it's worked - when I dragged the coloured dot in the frame to text it changed to red and anchored it, but I released the anchor.
With regard to the tables being wider than the frames, I wondered why the frame wasn't the same size as the table in the first place? Do I need to make the frame the same size as the table if the table is bigger? Sorry, I've not been using the program all that long and have only worked out a fraction of what it does!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tables can safely extend beyond the sides of a frame. You can change the frame if you'd like but there's no need to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your help Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines