• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colour Difference between Paste Frame and Background

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, there appears to be a difference in colour for images that I placed into a paste frame and the background itself. I tested the two areas with eyedropper in Indesign before exporting it to PDF and both appear to be the same setting of white. But the colour difference appears when I export the file to PDF. Any idea what the problem is? All help appreciated.

Thank You

Colour DIfference.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Colour import/export profiles?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't use the eydropper to check the values. With the Separation Preview panel open mouse over the object and check the values in the panel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm afraid you'll have to provide more detail as to exactly how you're going about this.

What's a "paste frame"? You can't both "place" and "paste" an image.

What are the nature, origin, and color mode of the image?

What is your Transparency Blend Space setting?

What are the intent and settings or your PDF export?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tested the two areas with eyedropper in Indesign before exporting it to PDF and both appear to be the same setting of white.

A note on the eyedropper tool, and to clarify my post. It can be used to select and apply color, but isn't a reliable way to determine how color will export or print. Using the eyedropper, you can accurately pick and match color from image objects, but not from placed vector objects like .PDF or .AI files. In those cases the eyedropper picks up the value of the placed vector's RGB preview proxy, and not the actual color values inside of the object.

The Separation Preview panel does predict output values and it would be unusual to get a match there and a mismatch in the exported PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines