Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lighroom CC Standalone Version Updates, Raw Converter

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I would like to purchase the latest Lightroom CC "standalone" software but have a question.

I have just purchased a the Fuji XT2 & would like to be able to open Fuji Raf (Raw) files directly in Lightroom, I would also like to have access to the 'Fuji Film Simulations' in Lightroom which are only available it seems, if your Raw Converter is up to date.

Do I have access to latest 'Camera Raw' updates from Adobe if I am using the standalone software??? ..... Indeed do I have access to updates in Lightroom altogether????  ......  at least until they decide to update to the next full version of Lightroom.

I use Photoshop CS5 extended & am not bothered about 'Camera Raw' updates for Photoshop only for Lightroom.

Many thanks, Ali

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC will both receive the same updates as far as camera support and film simulation features are concerned. Take note that not all film simulations are provided for all models of all cameras. This is especially true for film simulations. Also be aware that these film simulations and camera profiles are only available for raw images. If you shoot JPEG your only profile option will be, "Embedded". In that case you will have to choose all of your options in the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ali,

Camera raw is shipped built in Lightroom so there is no need to look for camera raw updates separately.

The Fuji Film simulations are available under camera calibration tab in Lightroom See I cannot find the Fuji X film simulations in lightroom 6 standalone......help please?

However, I would recommend you to go for Lightroom CC(Photography membership) because you are using Photoshop cs5 which cannot process raw files from XT2.

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash,

Thanks for your reply. But it seems you are missing the point.

I need the access to Lighroom CC updates Raw or otherwise, as it allows you to open Raw files from new cameras that have only just been released, future proofing the software at least till a totally new version of Lightroom is released.  If you subscribe to the cloud I know that this is possible but I do not like using the cloud service & want to buy the standalone software.

Also I know where & how to access the Fuji film simulations already.

So my question is simple, if I buy the standalone version of Adobe Lighroom CC do I have access to updates, Raw or otherwise????

Thanks, Ali

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All the updates that Lightroom 6 users receive are for bug fixes and new camera and lens profiles only, but not new feature upgrades that Lightroom CC customers receive.

Compare Your Options: The Differences Between Lightroom 6 vs. CC | ProDesignTools

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So no feature upgrades then ok, but what about Camera Raw Updates???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 will be getting camera raw updates as Lightroom CC does.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thanks, so I guess that means that I will be able to access 'Fuji Film Simulations' with new Fuji camera releases as and when the Camera Raw Updates are available, is that correct???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC will both receive the same updates as far as camera support and film simulation features are concerned. Take note that not all film simulations are provided for all models of all cameras. This is especially true for film simulations. Also be aware that these film simulations and camera profiles are only available for raw images. If you shoot JPEG your only profile option will be, "Embedded". In that case you will have to choose all of your options in the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC will both receive the same updates as far as camera support and film simulation features are concerned.

Great that is music to my ears

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a possibility, however, that a new standalone version (Lightroom 7) will be released in the future. If that is the case then you will have to purchase an upgrade to that new version in order to continue receiving updates. I don't know when or if that will happen,, but you should be aware of that possibility.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim,

Yes as you say I'm sure that when version 7 is released I will have to purchase an upgrade to that new version in order to continue receiving updates.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Pleases pass along to Adobe:  it would be greatly appreciated if there would be information as if LR7 standalone will be available soon, or available at all. There is a good percentage of us hoping for that and helps us plan for the future.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

A lot of people have been wondering that. But it has been a long-standing policy with Adobe to not make such announcements in advance. Unfortunately, it wouldn't do any good to tell Adobe anything because they aren't going to change their policy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's correct.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines