• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Bug in AME? Ignores work area for watch folder renders

Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Lately we have a setup in our company where we have multiple editors that use AE.

We have 1 render PC that automatically renders all projects that we save into a specific watch folder.

We're running into the following, what we believe is a bug.

You can reproduce it as follows:

- Create a project with a composition

- See Image 1 below: This composition is 50 sec long but we set the Work Area to 20 sec.

- We save the project in the watch folder.

- AME on the render machine immediately picks up the composition and starts rendering. This works great.

- See Image 2 below: However, AME always ignores the Work Area we selected. It always renders the full sequence. Why?

IMAGE 1:

Project in AE - 20 sec.PNG

​IMAGE 2:

Project in AME - 50 sec.PNG

The interesting part is that we drag-and-drop the same project file from the watch folder into AME manually, it renders just fine and according to the work area as expected..

- Disabling 'auto-encode' checkbox in AME also doesn't work. It will still render the full sequence.

- We have restarted the render PC, created an entirely new project and removed/added the watch folder again. No avail.

We're using the latest versions of AE and AME.

How can we resolve this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

If this bug is reproducible, please file a bug report. It goes directly to the After Effects team. (They likely won't respond, but in a future update, the bug will be gone.) Here is the bug report link.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any idea whether this is a bug or am I missing a setting somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's odd. If nobody else has any suggestions, I'd recommend you try contacting Adobe support (ask for the video queue when you do).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Szalam,

Thanks for the reply!

Of course, everyone is welcome to try it out themselves to reproduce the bug, but it takes some time to prepare the bug conditions I give you that..

How can I contact Adobe support for this and what do you mean with 'ask for the video queue'?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to reproduce it on my Windows setup.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If this bug is reproducible, please file a bug report. It goes directly to the After Effects team. (They likely won't respond, but in a future update, the bug will be gone.) Here is the bug report link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, I did file a bug report and included the link to this discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How you contact Adobe depends on where you are in the world. Follow this link and it should get you there.

You can call or chat with Adobe support. If you ask to be put in the video queue, you are more likely to get someone familiar with the DVA software as opposed to one of the general support people.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, these are the output module settings I have selected for the watch folder renders. It's just the default H.264. No changes.

Capture.PNG

I've tried changing output modules, but no success.

AME always renders the composition full sequence, ignoring work areas completely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines