• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.10 consistently crashing

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since updating to Lightroom CC 2015.10 this morning I've been getting nothing but "Lightroom unexpectedly quit" crashes in Lightroom on my OS X 10.11.6 Mac. I'm fully up to date on all the patches for El Cap and wasn't experiencing this before the update this morning. Happens with any catalog I open BTW.  Any ideas... Is there possibly a simple way to roll back to the previous version of Lightroom & ACR as I'd like to get some work done today without breaking out my laptop. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

The only way to roll back is to uninstall Lightroom

Applications >> Utilities >> Adobe Installers

Then use the link below to install the base application. After successful installation download the LR CC 2015.9/6.9 patch.

Download Photoshop Lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way to roll back is to uninstall Lightroom

Applications >> Utilities >> Adobe Installers

Then use the link below to install the base application. After successful installation download the LR CC 2015.9/6.9 patch.

Download Photoshop Lightroom 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I found this way after applying some Google juice to install a previous version:

Install a previous version of any Creative Cloud application

So far thankfully no crashes since rolling back.

Thank you though for suggesting what you did. - Chip

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This rolls back all the way to base version CC 2015. Use the following links to then apply patch 2015.9:

Windows 2015.9 Patch

Mac - 2015.9 Patch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also getting lots of crashes under Windows 10 with the latest 2015.10 update. 2015.9 never crashed for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please provide your workflow, which is causing these crash to investigate further?

Is it always crashing while opening Lightroom?

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually rolling back didn't fix the crashes for me.

But I remembered that my video driver also updated at about the same time, so this is a prime suspect.

I disabled "Graphics processor acceleration" and this has made things stable again.

Here is the system info on my graphics reported by Lightroom:

Graphics Processor Info:

AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics

Check OpenGL support: Passed

Vendor: ATI Technologies Inc.

Version: 3.3.13474 Core Profile Context 22.19.157.3

Renderer: AMD Radeon(TM) R7 Graphics

LanguageVersion: 4.50

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share your catalog to investigate further?

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is happening to me too on a Windows 10 machine. I'm also using an AMD card.

Currently re-installing to version 2015.9 to see if this fixes anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just reinstalled the Base Lightroom CC 2015 and it continues to crash in the Develop module. It seems to happen most frequently when I move from working on one photo to the next. It doesn't always crash when I immediately move from one photo to the next, sometimes it will crash after I've finished editing 2 or 3 photos.

I've turned OFF GPU Graphics Acceleration in Lightroom and this seems to have stabilized the crashes. I haven't tested it long enough to confidently say that it's definitely due to GPU Graphics Acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling GPU Acceleration totally fixed it for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James

You can roll-back using the link in my message #1 or use Previous Versions, like Chip from Creative Cloud to install LR6.0/2015.0 and then download the LR6.9/2015.9 patch.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chip,

Sorry to hear that you are facing this issue.Can you please provide below details to investigate more?

1- After the crash, did you send the crash report to Adobe?

2- So on clicking on any catalog, it was crashing all the time?

3- Can you provide your system hardware information(CPU,RAM GPU etc) ?

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share your catalog to investigate further?

-Kanheiya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2017 Apr 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're using a smaller screen and/or a slower processor and/or an older GPU, you may actually see slower performance with GPU acceleration turned on. If you'd like to switch it off, just go to Preferences->Performance to uncheck the “Use Graphics Processor” box.

I found this in Google and it actually fix the problem, at least for my system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine has been crashing as well and I have the latest install of Sierra (10.12.4); it crashes on every attempt to import but will eventually stabilize and allow me to work. Wasn't happening before the latest update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also CC 2015.12 is total garbage. The crashes roll in about once every 5 minutes. A totally useless product for photo-editing. Adobe has gone so far downhill, and now I'm paying a monthly subscription for a crashing program. BTW it's been doing this for about 3 months now since that update.

Folks - all I can say is pay the money for Capture 1, or save your money and support opensource programming which are also pretty good. I wish adobe could just create a program that works for photo editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 14, 2017 Oct 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I’m not experiencing this personally. What Computer and OS are you using? Some Mac users have had problems since updating the OS to High Sierra but those have been generally avoidable.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2394778

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines