• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Audition CC crashing when run at higher bit rates/sample sizes.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've been having an issue where when I try to work on a mix that was recorded at 96/24, and I set up the multitrack session the same. I keeps shutting audition down. It happens pretty fast. only one or two plugins are set up and that's all it takes. Even with a small 5 or 6 track session. and even with the latency turned to its highest setting. I can set my interface to run 44.1, and then Audition will resample for playback and seems to run better, but I'd rather work at full resolution. Are there any settings that might help out with this.

I've been a faithful Audition user for a LONG time, but the laggy-ness, and now this is starting to make me think about changing other to different DAWs, but I'd rather not.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If it shuts down on its own, that constitutes a crash. If that happens, you need to follow the instructions in this FAQ:

Audition Crashed. Now what? and send the results directly to audbugs@adobe.com

Have to say that it's unlikely to be Audition directly that's causing this - more likely to be driver and OS-related, as Audition doesn't resample for playback; the OS does this, and whilst it's improved, it's still not that good. The only time that Audition will resample anything is when you try to add a file at a different sample rate into a session running at a different rate, and then you will get a warning about it.

What sound device are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happens with both of the interfaces I have, a Stienberg UR22mkII USB 2.0 and an Alesis MultiMix 8 USB 2.0 FX. I have reinstalled drivers for each and updated the firmware. I am running Win10. Both of those devices work flawlessly with my Cubase DAW (I use Cubase to record, Audition to Mix and Master)

The lower left corner of the Audition says that it is being resampled for playback. Whether it is Audition doing it or WIndows, the resampling really doesn't matter, because it will run pretty well when that is happening. The only time I have an issue is when I'm running the interface at the high sample rate of the multitrack session. It usually happens while I'm doing something simple like adjusting something in the parametric EQ while the song is playing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In that case extract the log files and send them - there will be a reason for this happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will do. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

FYI. It happened multiple times again last night, and it even started happening at 44.1... BUT... I think I found the culprit. A third party plugin... But I'm super bummed about it because I had high hopes and planned to use that plugin a lot... Oh well.

Thanks for the feedback, I did submit a case, so maybe some other things are going on too. We shall see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines