• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how do you insert an image without a border?

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2016 Mar 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that all images I insert into acrobat have a border and I cant remove them. Border doesn't appear in other applications. !Acrobat

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

The only other option is to use a button field and set the image as its icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 08, 2016 Mar 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How are you inserting these images, exactly? Also, what version of Acrobat

are you using?

On Tue, Mar 8, 2016 at 1:15 AM, radc16319629 <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

2015 Release (Perpetual) Version 2015.006.30033

Inserting image via Edit PDF - Add Image

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure it's a real border, and not just the border of the image object? Do you still see it if you switch to the Hand tool, for example?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. I'm editing a PDF in Acrobat DC (2017 Release (Continuous) v 2017.009.20044. I used the Edit PDF option and then Add Image. The image I inserted is a JPG with no embedded ICC info. And still..... there is a hairline border that the client does NOT want around the images. These are NOT the bounding boxes!

No matter what I've tried, (editing in Photoshop, masking, etc.), that border will NOT go away. If I close out of the Edit PDF function, the border is still there.

I need ideas on this! Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, it's generally not a good idea to edit PDF files in this way... You should add the image to the native file (Word, InDesign, Excel, whatever) and then convert it to PDF for best results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That would assume that the native file still existed and it doesn't. Worse, no one knows what the original source file was (Word, InD, Illustrator, etc.). So this is what I have to work with and I'm not at all pleased with the results.

Are there any ideas on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only other option is to use a button field and set the image as its icon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - that's what I needed! Worked like a charm - Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 11, 2018 Feb 11, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I inserted an image of my signature into a document in Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and it had a hairline border. Then I went to Tools, then Prepare Form. I then saved the document and clicked "Start."

The result was a transparent blue form box above the line were I inserted the signature image. I noticed that my signature was beneath the form box and was without the border. I then deleted the blue form box, and a couple of other blue form boxes that appeared. My signature had no border and looked fine.

I don't know whether simply saving the document or clicking Prepare Form removed the border around my signature image, but the result was what I wanted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello try67​ how exactly do you "use a button field and set the image as its icon" ??

I spent an hour on this border appearing in indesign after having imported the image and cannot find the solution !!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Acrobat DC there's a built-in "image field" option under the Add New Field tool. Use it and it will work by itself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2019 Jun 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this same issue, but just fixed it.  The border is called a "Bounding Box" and when you select "Edit PDF" the right side of the screen opens up with editing tools and options.  At the bottom, "Scanned Documents" section, there is a check mark box for "Show bounding boxes".  Uncheck this and the borders go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Perfect!  Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 09, 2019 Jul 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

For further information on how to Edit PDF and add images in the PDF, please refer to the following help document:

Edit PDF in Acrobat DC - How to edit a PDF using Acrobat DC

Edit Images or Objects in PDF - How to edit images or objects in a PDF using Adobe Acrobat

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines