• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Feature Request: Make us work from multiple computers

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a workstation with Lightroom. Also, I would like to be able to sit in my living room with a Surface Pro and a pen to edit images sometimes. Today, LR Mobile doesn't give me enough. I need to work within native Lightroom on both places.

I haven't found a good solution to this. Lightroom database and imported images stored on a service like Dropbox is not good enough, and too risky. 

I think Adobe should support this. Working with smart previews is good enough I guess.

Have tried to sync both computers to LR Mobile, but that was a mess.

Or is there a solution for this?

Also, I would say it's normal to have 1) a workstation, 2) a laptop, and a 3) tablet to work on. Adobe should increase number for logged in computers in creative cloud from 2 to 3.

br

Frode Slettum

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

This excellent suggestion is at least 6 years old and counting.

Add your vote

Lightroom: Multi-User / Multi Computer (Shared catalog on a network) | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Frode,

Thanks for posting on Adobe Forums. Please share your feedback here Photoshop Family Customer Community so that our Engineers can look into this.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This excellent suggestion is at least 6 years old and counting.

Add your vote

Lightroom: Multi-User / Multi Computer (Shared catalog on a network) | Photoshop Family Customer Com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im starting to understand that adobe doesn't care about their Lightroom users. It's crazy how slow Lightroom is with high resolution raw images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe does care. They just have a specific roadmap which does not always align with everyone wishes.

Sharing the catalogue on a network and Multi user are sore points with many people, including me, though. We've been using workarounds for far too long.

Speed with hi res Raw images is a separate topic. We need a lot more info from you to troubleshoot that. Suggest you start a new discussion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I might be way off base here. But as a former database developer for a university, one of the considerations for multiuser databases  is the licensing costs.  I remember looking into SQL Lite Multiuser licensing  (I think) at one time for one of our projects and it made the project cost prohibitive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sure that's valid, Jim. I've never seen Adobe mention it anywhere.

Won't stop people asking for the functionality though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I remember looking into SQL Lite Multiuser licensing  (I think) at one time for one of our projects and it made the project cost prohibitive.

You may be thinking of another database. SQLite is public-domain: https://www.sqlite.org/copyright.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines