Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creative Cloud Suite on iPad Pro?

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys!

I have bought a new iPad Pro, and my plan was to use my Creative Suite on this iPad instead of my Macbook Pro.

I have downloaded the apps for photoshop, but I really can't find and open my files on dropbox.

Can anyone explain the system?

TOPICS
iPadOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 20, 2020 Nov 20, 2020

This post is from April 2017. Creative Cloud now runs on the iPad and files can be accessed from DropBox. The information given was correct in 2017, but there have been changes since then and it it no longer valid. Please start a new thread. This one has been locked.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These applications are for use on powerful computers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You currently cannot use Creative Cloud on an IPad pro as it uses the IOS operating system. However, Adobe do have applications that run on IOS devices and have some of the capabilities of Photoshop and Illustrator. These apps are designed for low level work though. You can find those apps in the Apple Store.

It's a little late to tell you, but there are strong rumours in the industry that the next IPad Pro will support both IOS and OSX which would make sense as it would then run the full version of Creative Cloud applications and compete with the Windows platform where the Microsoft Surface Pro already runs Creative Cloud.

iPad Pro: Apple's next-gen device 'could have Mac OS X operating system' | The Independent 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terri, I see that link is from 2014. Have you seen anything more recent?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple like to market the iPad Pro as if it is some kind of replacement for a Mac, rather than an oversized phone. Blame Apple Marketing for your problem here, but you need a computer. This is really a deliberate decision: technically it could be a little Mac, but then Apple wouldn't be controlling all sales through the App Store. iOS needs years of work and several major rethinks before it is a suitable platform for serious work like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or Adobe is too lazy to develop something proper. Their code is very old. If Serif can achieve it with Affinity why can't Adobe do it? I can even edit my Hasselblad 50c files in raw and 16 bit on full res on the iPad Pro with Affinity. I have a the major tools I need and it just works perfect!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect the reason is cost. Adobe does have cut down versions of Photoshop that run under iOs , but they are carefully tailored to the hardware capabilities of the platform. If market research shows a sufficient demand though they'll probably do it, particularly as the iPad Pro is now becoming far more powerful in order to rival the Surface Pro from Microsoft.

Being a little mischievous one is tempted to ask if Affinity is so good why would you care if Photoshop was ported to the iPad?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cost? Buy Adobe is hice. And this is the time to awnser Apple'a new iPad Pro! Serif don't have that much money like adobe and they nailed it. And why? I need Lightroom. And with a subscription you always have Lightroom and Photoshop I also use Phocus but I can't use this for my Nikon files. (If you have any suggestions For me...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 29, 2020 Feb 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem isn't the iPad Pro which is very capible as demonstrated by other software companies. The problem is Adobe. They have always been slow to respond to new technology...I've seen it for two decades now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John , yes the idea seems to have gone of the boil a little. I have a friend at Apple who can't say too much as the company is very sensitive to leaks , but they tell me the idea is still very much under discussion but hasn't been as yet been approved at the highest level of management. I personally just use Windows but would give a lot of consideration to an IPad Pro running OSX. My guess is it wouldn't be cheap though and would be up there challenging the Surface Pro

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2017 Oct 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is definitely not happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add: The line of mobile apps are meant to supplement rather than replace what the Creative Cloud desktop apps provide. (e.g., Capture CC's (rather wonderful) tools like creating patterns from images or creating looks for use in the CC desktop apps.)

This may or may not be a moot point in a few years since it's all converging. You can use a Surface Pro like a desktop PC at home and bring it on the go, for example, and have the full suite of CC desktop apps at your disposal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you use a MacBook Pro - sync files within Lightroom and then use a Surface Pro with a full version of Photoshop with the same files??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2018 Jan 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

randyg1  wrote

Can you use a MacBook Pro - sync files within Lightroom and then use a Surface Pro with a full version of Photoshop with the same files??

For...Lightroom CC? Sure. Lightroom Classic CC (the other version of Lightroom) isn't so clear-cut since it uses a local catalog (if I recall; someone correct me if that's not totally true).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Surface Pro has shown you can have a portable "real" computer/tablet that runs most pro apps. To be fair the MacBook (new) is lighter than the Surface Pro with keyboard cover and works very well. The missing "holy grail" is a touch screen Mac. It's been suggested that Apple would never do that because right now they can sell both an iPad and a Mac to a keen customer, and a touch screen Mac would mean they sold only one product. I think the "Pro" in the name of the "iPad Pro" fools a lot of people. Are there any actual Pro apps in use on the thing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 13, 2017 Jun 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for hijacking this thread - but I felt it might be relevant:

So the latest announcement for the new 10" iPad Pro hits my inbox and where they advertise the new Pencil they use this image (attached).

Screenshot_20170613-101004.png

It looks like photoshop...but I couldn't be sure.

So I contacted support via my Creative Cloud account and the moderator there said "that looks like Photoshop" to which I replied...Great!  But that's new then because afaik you can't run Photoshop on an IPad Pro...

...the Moderator paused (read: spoke to their line manager) then came back saying "...please go to the Forums to discuss any mobile issues you might have..."

Does this mean the new 10" will be running OSX or a version that allows or have the good folks at Apple just screwed up and comped an image for their ad that could be considered false advertising?

i'd love to know - Photoshop Sketch and Illustrator are dire on the Pro (Currently).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't photoshop. It looks like a kind of illustration app. And no you can't run OS X. But you can use astropad and use your iPad like a Wacom cintique.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Beggars the question then:  "what app is it?"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's looks like it's called "Graphic" as seen here:

https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/best-ipad-pro-drawing-apps/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2017 Dec 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so please excuse my ignorance but how does that work? i can open a photoshop  image, complete with layers  on my laptop. i can see that image on the ipad pro, draw on ( using the limited options available ) the changes made appear how on my original psd file in my laptop? as a separate layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 14, 2017 Dec 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

carolinee92257903  wrote

so please excuse my ignorance but how does that work? i can open a photoshop  image, complete with layers  on my laptop. i can see that image on the ipad pro, draw on ( using the limited options available ) the changes made appear how on my original psd file in my laptop? as a separate layer?

You referring to Photoshop Mix? You can send comps from Mix to Photoshop CC (via Creative Cloud) but not vice-versa. (Not totally, anyway; I believe you can open PSDs saved in CC but I believe the layers merge before import.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Looks more like Illustrator than Photoshop. But some close peering at screen shots on the web suggest it's an Autodesk app. I found a review which seemed to me to describe everything about why Adobe might not target the iOS market: "a little more expensive than the other apps ... US$8.99". This truly is a race to the bottom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if they charge me 199 bucks I would buy it. Is enhancing the workflow. they can also charge it by using your cc account. But overall I think costs isn't the problem. And one tthey have to. Slow but sure the tablet wil conquer the laptop. and I think program makers like Serif are damn smart (and have the balls) to devolop software like these. I'm using both desktop and iPad versions of Affinity for a week now. And I don't miss photoshop....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Below is a list of apps developed for the iPad by Adobe

Creative Cloud is Optimized for Apple’s iPad Pro | Creative Cloud blog by Adobe

There is a compromise solution if you really do want to run the full version of Photoshop or any Mac program , but it requires not only an iPad but also a Mac either desktop or laptop. Basically a wired or Wi-Fi connection is made from the iPad to the Mac and using an app called 'Astro Pad' the iPad will serve as a remote desktop a little like a Cintiq. I don't have it, but have seen it demonstrated at a show and it's quite impressive, retailing at around $20

Astropad | Turn your iPad into a drawing tablet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines