• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font installation

Participant ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a 3rd party InDesign file. It looks as if it was created with "Package" - it has Document Fonts & Links folders, plus the Instructions.txt file.

When I open the file I get a missing font message. (Digi Grotesk NEF). There is a DigiGrotesk folder with what looks like font files in it - the names are correct but there are no file extensions.

I understand that ID lets you use the fonts in the Package saved file for that file only. In the past these fonts have loaded ad hoc automatically for me. I tried but the files cannot be installed on the computer as a normal font  - I expected that.

I have tried on PC, an Mac using ID 2015 & 2017.

Anyone know what's happening?

Thanks

Brian

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

I suppose those fonts are older Mac fonts, those did not have any extension. They are only working on a Mac, but I don't know, if all of them would work on the latest OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suppose those fonts are older Mac fonts, those did not have any extension. They are only working on a Mac, but I don't know, if all of them would work on the latest OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Willi,

That sounds as if it would be the answer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines