Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

fast forward or backward keys not working while playing Blu-Ray disk

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I created a HD film (camera “Sony AX53”) in HD (XAVC S) format. I burned the film on a Blu-Ray disk (M-Disc -R). Everything worked fine and I can play my disk on my “Panasonic DMP-BDT 465”. The only problem is that I cannot use the fast forward or backward key on my Panasonic. A message “Action not allowed” pops up on the TV screen. I know this from other purchased films with some parts (advertisements) of the disk but when the film starts, it works fine. So there must be something that prevents the use of these functions. I don’t find anything about this in the Premiere manuals, nor in the doc of the Blu-ray reader. Can someone help please?

For completeness: my film is created with Premiere 14 on a Windows 10 PC (with Creators update). Specs film: 1920 x 1080; H.264 Blu-Ray; 25 fps; Dolby Digital, 192kbps 48 kHz; 2 ; 39 min.

Kind regards,

Johan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Home-burned discs don't function the same as commercial discs.

Have you tested your fast forward and reverse functions with other home-burned DVDs and BluRay discs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, with home-burned DVDs (DVI-camcorder and Premiere 9), and that works fine. It’s the first time I work with blu-ray.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried it on any other home-burned BluRay discs? Other than those created by Premiere Elements 15?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First a correction: my BD-reader is “ Panasonic DMP-BDT360”, not 465.

No, this is my first blu-ray project. In the mean time I installed “CyberLink Media Suite 10” on my PC and here I can use fast forward and fast backward without problems. So, the problem seems to be related to my BD-player, but for all other DVDs (bought and created myself) and BD: “3D Avatar” it works fine. I burned another BD-discs (rendered separately) and it shows the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found a workaround for my problem. As from the introduction of menus into my project, all playback keys (Search/Slow motion and Skip) of the remote control are accepted by the BD-player. It works in the playback of the whole movie as in the play back of the scenes. It is not clear to me whether the cause is to find with Premiere 14 (never had that problem with DVDs in Premiere 9) or with BD-projects in general. Also, all my old DVD films are accepted without exception by the BD-reader. In the future I still like to create films without menus, so still searching for a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines