• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Nik collection plugin is very slow after last photoshop cc update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yesterday I updated to the latest photoshop cc 2017.1 update. Since then the Nik plugins start extremely slow. It takes nearly 5 minutes now to get the plugin started, which was nearly instantly before the update.

did anybody else notice this? If so, is there a solution for this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue. The problem began after the most recent PS update a few days ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue and already posted in this forum about it:  Nik Plugin Issue after CC2017.1 Update

My solution to the issue was to downgrade Photoshop back to 18.0.1 (aka CC2017.0.1).  This can be done easily using the Creative Cloud app.  Just go to the Apps window and below the installed apps there is a bar that says "Find Additional Apps" and on the right it says "Previous Versions".  Click that and select "View Previous Versions".  Then below will be a new list of apps.  Click the "Install" button next to Photoshop and it will give you a list of all the past versions that can be installed.

Hopefully this will be addressed by either Adobe or Google.  However, since the Nik Plugins are now free, I would be surprised if Google actually did anything to update them.  It seems like the only realistic solution is for Adobe to figure out a way to update Photoshop such that the Nik Plugins work properly again.  Of course, I am not holding my breath on that happening. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, your suggestion fixed the problem. Much appreciated!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Others have complained about this and have had to revert to PSCC2017 to get them to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also ran into BIG problems with the NIK Plugins with CC2017.1.0.  I uninstalled it and re-installed CC2017.0.1,

I am a fairly busy photo studio, as well as teaching 8 digital photography classes.  I have numerous actions written for various subjects, almost all using at least Define2, which I thought was an excellent noise reducing plugin.  Since going to 2017.1.0, it is totally unusable and I switched to other noise reducing plugins, but am not as happy with any.  I'm now back to 2017.0.1, but this doesn't bode well, given Google abandoning NIK, and apparently Adobe won't make a "fix".....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have had to revert back to the previous version of Photoshop.

Can Adobe confirm whether they will fix this or is it time to forget about the Nik Collection.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also had to reinstall 18.0.1 in order to use the Nik Collection.  Here's hoping someone from Adobe will jump into this thread to let us know if there are plans to address this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2017 Apr 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to edit NIK Plugins in Lightroom, which posed no problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With the latest update by Adobe to Photoshop CC today, all of my Nik Collection plugins are working fine again.

Thank you, Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines