• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

AE 2017 - script panels won't dock :

Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running AE 2017 on Mac OS10.12 and none of my 3rd party scripts will dock into the main interface. Scripts like Duik, Move Anchor point and others. I know they can be docked, I've seen other people's workspaces where everything is neatly docked. What can I do?  All the scripts are sitting in the ScriptUI Panels folder, so I don't know what else I can check/change.

Please help! this is really annoying when all those windows are floating around.

Thank you!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Do they open up in their own floating panel but they are not dockable? Are you sure you are doing it right? You have to click and hold on their name (not on the three lines next to the name) and move them around..

Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do they open up in their own floating panel but they are not dockable? Are you sure you are doing it right? You have to click and hold on their name (not on the three lines next to the name) and move them around..

Weird

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, you're my savior! This is really dumb I was dragging them by the edge of their window as opposed to the name. I wish it was specified somewhere. You can tell I am new to scripts

thank you!

-maria.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you launching them from a script launcher or the Window menu? If you use a script launcher like LaunchPad (not sure about ftToolbar) then the scripts won't open as dockable panels, even if they're in the ScriptsUI folder.

Otherwise it's probably what Zulkifar​ said. If you're not sure how to properly dock a panel try tearing off an already docked one to see how that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yeah, turns out I just wasn't grabbing them correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines