• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Library eBooks Won't Open on Kobo Touch

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have successfully borrowed eBooks from my local library several times before. However, something has recently stopped working.

I am using ADE and everything is authorized with the same Adobe ID. When I download a book, it opens no problem in ADE. However, when I transfer the book to my Kobo, I get the DRM error/no permission to open book on my Kobo.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling ADE. I have tried going back to version 3.0, then back to 4.5 I have factory reset my Kobo. I have deauthorized and reauthorized (both the device itself and the program) several times. I have tried signing out of my Kobo account and then re-signing in and re-syncing my Kobo account. I have done all sorts of combinations of those listed actions, and I have done them all several times. Still, the book will successfully download to and open in ADE, but will not open on the Kobo. Same error message every time.

What I do find interesting is, after I transfer the book to my Kobo, if I click on my Kobo in ADE and open the book from within the Kobo menu (as opposed to "all items") I can read the book there as well - no error message.

Does anyone have any suggestions that can help me with this problem?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?