• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Form question

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a simple form (name, email, message) created in Muse (it doesn't have to be) and hosted on Business Catalyst. It works but the functionality is not what I need.

I need to have a form that emails the form (to a designated email) with the from address being the address of the person who submitted the form, the subject being a preset subject (inquiry from website) and the contents being from the message field of the form..

This is really easy to do with PHP but Business Catalyst doesn't support that. I don't need to use any of the BC CRM features either , Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks.

TOPICS
Newbie Corner

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the BC form to mail option:
Setting up Form to Email using Web Forms

But read it carefully. The person you email HAS to be in the CRM as an anti spam prevention feature BC had to introduce as it was being abused.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That solution doesn't work because the email has to be in the CRM, which is impossible because there's no way to know the incoming email address.

The CRM in BC is okay but it's way overkill and really clunky for a small entity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Then use a 3rd party mail form service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines