• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Process two pages simultaneously

Participant ,
Sep 10, 2008 Sep 10, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings. I want to run two pages simultaneously based on the submittal of a form. On the page that the form calls I want to run code and display a cfm result. When that page opens I want another page kicked off that runs cf processes in the background. Currently I am using cfschedule but was wondering if there was another way.
TOPICS
Advanced techniques

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might use cfthread to handle the background process.
http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=Tags_t_04.html#2860391

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should have mentioned this... I'm using cf7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

JR Bob Dobbs wrote:
> You might use cfthread to handle the background process.
> http://livedocs.adobe.com/coldfusion/8/htmldocs/help.html?content=Tags_t_04.html#2860391

As well as the newest <cfthread...> option you also have gateways, web
services and custom tags that all have more or less asynchronous
capabilities.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use <CFHTTP>.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I'm doing now is after the form is processed, I redirect to a page that sets a scheduled task to run the other file and then redirect the user back to where they were before the form. Do you think that's a good solution or should I explore these other options???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
quote:

Originally posted by: idesdema
Greetings. I want to run two pages simultaneously based on the submittal of a form. On the page that the form calls I want to run code and display a cfm result. When that page opens I want another page kicked off that runs cf processes in the background. Currently I am using cfschedule but was wondering if there was another way.

Run the background page in a very small iframe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Documentation