• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error 16 AGAIN!

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased a copy of Lightroom 6 stand alone when it was released. Since then I get an error 16 approximately once a week and am required to set up permissions repeatedly. When I review the permission settings after receiving the error 16 message those permissions are always correct.  This is an extremely annoying bug that Adobe certainly is aware of. Time for me to dump Adobe and use On1. On1 fixes bugs.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Hi lienr3288662​,

We haven't heard back from you. Please let us know what kind of OS you have. You can also find the steps to resolve this issue at this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html​. Please let us know if those help by marking a reply as the correct answer. If those steps didn't help, please reply back to this thread.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lienr,

Are you on Windows or Mac? have you tried repairing the disk permissions.

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi lienr3288662​,

We haven't heard back from you. Please let us know what kind of OS you have. You can also find the steps to resolve this issue at this document: https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/configuration-error.html​. Please let us know if those help by marking a reply as the correct answer. If those steps didn't help, please reply back to this thread.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 16, 2017 Jul 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact problem. Error 16 keeps coming back repeatadly even after I try the fixes suggested. I run a Mac with OS 10.11.6 and lightroom  6.10.1 stand alone edition not CC.

I have tried the adobe suggested solution to repair folder permissions on OS X, they do not work consistently. Also the option to repair folder permissions in the disk utility is not available since Yosemite. And disk permissions don't change by themselves!

I have reinstalled Lightroom.

Last time I could not even find the SLStore folder. By recreating it it allowed me to recover and lightroomo upon starting asked me for my serial number as lit does in a new installation.

I have logging in and out of adore, why is this even necessary?

This is very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 17, 2017 Jul 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philbast I am sorry that you continue to face Error 16 when opening Lightroom 6.  Error 16 occurs when the current User account does not have the necessary permissions to read, write, and modify the SLStore and Adobe PCD folder.  If the current User account is unable to successfully perform those actions then please create a new local administrator account and launch Lightroom 6 in the new account.

Details on how to set up a new local administrator account for Mac OS can be found at Install or run Adobe applications in new user account | Mac OS X​.  If the you no longer receive Error 16 when launching Lightroom 6 on the new local administrator account then you may need to migrate your settings and documents to the new account.

If you do continue to receive Error 16 in the new local administrator account then review the settings of any installed security software that may be preventing the Adobe PCD and SLStore folder from being modified.  If the behavior occurs under both accounts then something installed is actively preventing those folders from being updated Philbast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response,

As lightroom is now working, I will try this solution of setting a new administrator account when it fails. I am not running any security software except for "little snitch" which is a firewall for outbound connections, this software does not operate on folders or disk permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok thank you for the update Philbast.  Please feel free to update this discussion if you have any additional questions around this error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 22, 2017 Aug 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a horrible solution. Requiring users to create a new account....I've had the error 16 message four or five times this year. Frustrating; however it's happened so often I can fix the problem in a few minutes.

What works for me after searching solutions is to rename the the SLStore folder in the System Library/Application Support/Adobe folder, then create the same folder"SLStore." When I open LR, I enter my serial number (from my accounts) and all is well; till the next time.

Using LR 6.12.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2017 Sep 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error has reappeared. Again, file and folder permissions do not change by themselves over time and these permissions are set by an administrator account not by software!Adobe needs a solution to this problem as I do not run lightroom from an administrator account but a user account. I tried recreating the SLStore folder but it is not working, still getting error 16.

Lightroom has worked since version 1.0, it is the version 6 that has problems, what has changed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Philbast thank you for the update.  The installation technology for Lightroom 6 was adjusted to utilize the same robust technology utilized with Creative Suite installations.  There were many benefits to utilizing this technology not the least of which are the installation log files that can be utilized to determine why an installation fails.  Previous versions were utilizing Apple's PKG or Microsoft's MSI technology to install.

Philbast from your description it appears your standard User account is regularly unable to utilize Lightroom 6.  I would recommend running Lightroom 6 in an administrator account which does have the necessary permissions to update the SLStore and SLCache folder.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do we try if the SLStore and SLCache folder don't exist? Yesterday I reinstalled PS and LR after getting error code 16 - and subsequently yesterday, both applications launched and ran. But today neither application runs, and I again get error code 16, and after reading the tip about resetting permissions on SLStore and SLCache, I discovered that those folders don't exist in the Library location described in the Adobe help file. What do I try next?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just uninstalled both apps, shut down. Rebooted, and reinstalled both LR and PS using the CC install feature in the top bar (OS X 10.12.6). LR launched successfully and recognized my catalog. PS launched and recognized all my recently opened files. One variable I can think of is that we just installed Backblaze (online backup utility) the other day. Previously we had been using Crashplan, which did not seem to interfere with imaging applications (but maybe Backblaze does?). A search of my Library/Application Support/Adobe directory does not find SLStore and does not find SLCache. Why can't it find those directories even when the applications are freshly installed (and momentarily working)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correction - I searched and did not find SLStore or Adobe PCD folders under Library/Application Support/Adobe.

Please advise.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 03, 2017 Dec 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try creating them and apply the proper permissions. I have had the error again today, it happens every once in awhile. The permissions are correct. And by the way Adobe, file permissions do not change by themselves! What I did this time is clicked to unlock the permissions properties of both folders and launched Lightroom, which it did without error. To be continued...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2017 Dec 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is not robust as it causes so many intermittent problems. One day lightroom runs, the other day I get the error. I have checked the file permissions time and time again. They are correct and do not change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines