• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changing fonts causing crashes in various application modules

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had a ton of problems trying to get my CS3 to activate after a recent reinstall of my OS, I now have another problem. If I type some text into a text layer, and then try to switch fonts while that is active (i.e. deselect the text tool, reselect it, click the font name in the window, then switch with up & down cursors to do a live preview), after a small number of font changes, Photoshop hangs completely with a Visual C++ Runtime error that simply shows Program C:\... in the error dialog.

When I have checked the system logs, I see different modules crashing.For example:

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 10.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4601eae8

Faulting module name: VersionCue.DLL, version: 3.0.0.78, time stamp: 0x45f02987

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x0029bf97

Faulting process id: 0x11a8

Faulting application start time: 0x01d278a6b676a3a0

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Version Cue CS3\Client\3.0.0\VersionCue.DLL

Report Id: 5a2c8619-e49a-11e6-8f86-90e6ba545534

Faulting application name: Photoshop.exe, version: 10.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4601eae8

Faulting module name: AdobeUpdater.dll, version: 5.1.0.1082, time stamp: 0x45e646ef

Exception code: 0x40000015

Fault offset: 0x00035e26

Faulting process id: 0x10f0

Faulting application start time: 0x01d278a676937c75

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\Photoshop.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS3\AdobeUpdater.dll

Report Id: d4a8c49a-e499-11e6-8f86-90e6ba545534

All of these are caused in the exact same way. I am tempted to reinstall my CS3 suite but after the massive problems I had just getting this working, I am hesitant to do so. I have a project partly completed and can't afford to be without CS3 but using the font previews like I do is a fundamental part of how I work.

I deleted the AdobeFnt11.lst file at C:\Users\[UserName]AppData\Local\Adobe\TypeSupport and I have deleted the fontcache.dat file in Windows but the problem persists. I'm really not sure what else to try, so does anyone have any suggestions please?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 27, 2017 Mar 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi LeeC,

Could you please refer to this link and let us know if it helps Troubleshoot plug-ins in Adobe Photoshop CS5 or CS4

Regards,

Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the late reply, things have been really busy lately and with things taking longer, time disappears faster.

That link is for CS4 and CS5, this problem is for CS3, I don't quite see how any of that applies.

However, I have run through all the settings resets, preferences clearing, CS3 re-installations I can think of. I ended up risking a re-install as this feature is a major part of my workflow, so it was worth the risk. It did not provide the solution though. The only workaround I am able to use, is inconvenient to say the least. I have to run Illustrator at the same time and make all font choices in that, because that doesn't crash when I do the exact same thing.

But as I am sure you can appreciate, having to run two applications to change a font, is a bit on the extreme side. Before I had this licensing issue when I reinstalled, Photoshop has run with almost zero problems since the day I bought it. All of a sudden, I have to use CS4's licensing files to activate CS3 and I get this problem to boot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines