Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I import Raw images fron Sony N5 it looks as if it is applying pre-sets

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Folks

Can anyone help,, I am having problems when I import images from Sony 5N into Lightroom6.. When I import Raw images it looks as if it is importing with presets as it changes all the Raw images to Exposure +2.15 Brings down highlights by 28,, brings up shadows by 28 and makes other changes.

I have set LR to import with No presets etc. I have reset the camera to Default, Formatted the card etc with no joy. When I import images from my Sony A6000 there is no problem and when I view the images in another program they are also fine. Jpegs import perfectly.  Any ideas ??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Go into preferences. Click on presets. Click on "reset all default Develop settings". If you are on an older Lightroom version make sure to UNCHECK "apply auto-tone on import". Now try it again. Also make sure in the import panel you do not have any preset set in the right-hand panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi HansSmits ,

Have you checked the camera images in any other application and used Image capture to import images by any chance? Import the images directly from camera card into a new Lightroom catalog and see if it makes any difference.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,, Many thanks for your reply..

When I just drag and drop the image onto the desktop it looks fine,  When I open the raw in On1 it looks fine. it is just when I download a Raw file from that camera it over exposes by over two stops and makes the other adjustments, I can not seem to find any other places where a possible preset has may have been set up.    Not sure what you mean about using Image capture to import. Thanks again for coming back to me on this.. Regards. Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hans,

Just to ensure, does the image looks fine if you drag drop the image from the desktop into Lightroom?

Also, could you post screenshots of the image in question in the Import window and then in Develop module like the ones below? Make sure auto tone is not applied in develop module.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.. I hope this is what you are looking for (not the most exciting photo)

When I drag and drop the photos into LR from the desktop the same thing happens.

Many thanks. Hans

LR Screen capture Raw.PNG

Screen shot Jpeg.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's kind of difficult to compare what you are looking for when you post a raw file and a JPEG.  Personally, I think the raw file looks more like what it should. The JPEG looks a little underexposed to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jim..

It's not a matter of which is best, the point is that Lightroom seems to be making the adjustments. I have not made these adjustments myself they have been done at import.

Regards.. Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go into preferences. Click on presets. Click on "reset all default Develop settings". If you are on an older Lightroom version make sure to UNCHECK "apply auto-tone on import". Now try it again. Also make sure in the import panel you do not have any preset set in the right-hand panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jao,,  You are a star! It worked, just downloaded about ten photos to test and all the Raw photos are perfect and as they should be.. Buy yourself a coffee from me!  Many Thanks!, (Now I can go back to taking photos)..  Hans

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great! I will see if I can increase my coffee intake even further

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines