Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Render in Lightroom is performing slowly

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm struggling to update my Camera Raw 9.10. I need to export images from Lightroom to photoshop CC  and it says I cannot do this without updating my version of Camera Raw. I've tried to download Camera Raw 9.10 but the download does not work and won't update. When I click "render in Lightroom" it makes everything extremely slow and not usable. I need to be able to update this asap as I have so much work to do!

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Does it work if you click “Open Anyway”

This appears to be a bug in the LR6.10/2015.10 update

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-edit-in-photoshop-warning-message-since-update?rfm=1&topic_submit=true

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you try to update?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well currently it says I don't need to update anything in Creative Cloud so I went here: Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6 . I download it and click to unzip it, download it to my Desktop and it's nowhere to be found! I've looked in downloads and all my files and it isn't there! Feeling at a loss as it looks like a brand new update today and there's no troubleshoot help on it yet!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you definitely need to update to Raw 9.10 to export photos from Lightroom to Photoshop?

The update mainly adds support for new cameras and lens profiles.

Which version of Lightroom are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom CC 2015, everything is currently up to date. I didn't think I needed it to convert RAWs from Lightroom to Photoshop which is why I clicked "Render in Lightroom" when the problem first happened but it is so much slower than normal and will add so much extra time onto my editing process. It first creates another file in Lightroom, then exports it to Photoshop, then when I save the files in Photoshop to go back to Lightroom it takes about a minute for each file to save whereas before it would take about 5 seconds to save each file back to Lightroom. Not sure what is going on, could it be something besides Camera Raw? Everything was running smoothly today until I updated everything in CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh and also normally I keep Photoshop on an external hard drive, it won't export from Lightroom to Photoshop this way since the Camera Raw update was required so now I've had to put it back on my computer which might account for why it's much slower?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this discussion to the Photoshop Lightroom forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does it work if you click “Open Anyway”

This appears to be a bug in the LR6.10/2015.10 update

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/lightroom-edit-in-photoshop-warning-message-s...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well using 'Open Anyway' will export the images to PS but then once i select 'Tone in ACR' it says 'Camera Raw is not available'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm running MacOs Sierra 10.12.4 on an iMac Late 2009

and I have the same problem after the update.

I've updated everything via the CC and after that I got the "error" message, that CR wouldn't be the correct version.

I can ignore that and everything looks to work correctly, but that shouldn't be.

We all got the CC to have NO version problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same Problem with Windows 10.

The CC-App tells me that ACR is update. But Lightroom requests Version 9.10 which is already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you read the post number 7 above in the thread. The answer is there.

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I butt in with a _slightly different_ problem?

Confused

Photoshop, Lightroom and Bridge are uptodate via my Adobe CC subscription

I see these versions:

Photoshop (2017.1.1/20170425.r.252 x64)

Adobe Bridge (7.0.0.93 x64)

Camera Raw (9.12.1.790)

Lightroom (20157.12, Camera Raw 9.12)

But if I open a jpg shot with my Tokina wide Angle lens (through Bridge, to Camera Raw) Camera Raw does not display a Tokina ATX Lens Profile to use for these images.

The exif data in Photoshop fileinfo is <aux:Lens>Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX 11-16mm F2.8</aux:Lens

I tried this: "If you still haven't been able to successfully update the Camera Raw plug-in for CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, or CC 2017 Adobe applications, use the Camera Raw 9.12.1 installers below."

Did that, Bridge Metadata/Camera Data (Exif) displays - Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX 11-16mm F2.8, same as before

But Camera raw does not display that lens as a selection nor is it under Nikon either

<C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\Lensprofiles\1.0\Tokina\Nikon> does list NIKON CORPORATION (Tokina AT-X 116 PRO DX II 11-16mm F2.8) - RAW

I can post a Screen capture if necessary.

Thanks

cvt

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2017 Oct 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The problem is you are opening a jpeg. If you try with a raw file is the profile available?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your work around could be using bridge and open directly into Adobe camera raw from bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines