• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I cannot reset my brushes in Photoshop CC 2017.1.0

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi -- for some reason no matter what I do the active area of my brushes seems to be only 60% of the diameter of the "size" of the brush I have selected. It matters not if this is the brush tool, a healing brush, clone stamp, eraser or any other brush -- the behaviour is the same - I am not aware of setting any feathering - the behaviour does not look like feathering and have forgotten where to look.  As can be seen in the example below -- I have set the brush size, but I only get part of the diameter painted (etc..)

20160729-13-50-46_B026707.jpg

My brush settings are shown below. Does anyone have an idea how to fix this ?

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 11.33.55.png

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 11.35.20.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

OK thanks to the help in the retouching forum in DPReview - I have found out what I did.

MartinGus - Have you by any chance changed the cursor size in Mac OS? System Preferences> Accessibility> and then set it to "normal" (if changed). I had this problem with an earlier version of PS and after trying "everything" this solved it for me. Maybe a longshot since it´s not the same PS or MacOS version but maybe worth a try.

Me -- MartinGus - you are aces -- yes I had - so not a long shot at all -- and p

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you haven't already, try the Normal Brush cursor...

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but  - I already tried switching to Cursors from Normal to Full and back to Normal and this makes no difference - at normal or full.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might have a corrupted preference file.

Reset your Photoshop Preferences.

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OK thanks to the help in the retouching forum in DPReview - I have found out what I did.

MartinGus - Have you by any chance changed the cursor size in Mac OS? System Preferences> Accessibility> and then set it to "normal" (if changed). I had this problem with an earlier version of PS and after trying "everything" this solved it for me. Maybe a longshot since it´s not the same PS or MacOS version but maybe worth a try.

Me -- MartinGus - you are aces -- yes I had - so not a long shot at all -- and putting it back to normal fixes it -- BUT I now have the problem of not being able to find my mouse cursor -- Apple give you very few choices.  Thanks to all I now know what I did to break this. This issue is now resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines