• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

color keying selects everything

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, I'm in quite an urgent need for help. I shot a video with a green screen, and now I am trying to key the background. by the keying applies on everything - including objects which arent the green screen BG. What do I do ?!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

You could draw a garbage matte (Inner/ Outer Mask) seems simple enough on a static shot. Otherwise you should seriously consider reshooting under better light conditions. There's barely any contrast in the channels and in fact it's surprising that you still get a reasonably acceptable key. This will also be difficult to deal with come time for color grading.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nobody can tell you anything without seeing screenshots and knowing your settings.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry. here's the image before keylight color keying

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 5.42.19 PM.png

here it is after "keylight", where the keyed color is a sampling of the BG:

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 5.46.13 PM.png

there's noise generated by the similar hues

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could draw a garbage matte (Inner/ Outer Mask) seems simple enough on a static shot. Otherwise you should seriously consider reshooting under better light conditions. There's barely any contrast in the channels and in fact it's surprising that you still get a reasonably acceptable key. This will also be difficult to deal with come time for color grading.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, reshooting with better lighting will certainly help.  If you are unable or at least want to try an alternative, I always adjust with a curve with greenscreen before I key it.  Try a curve, brighten it some, add a little contrast, then apply the key.

I imagine there is some significant spill too on the ball.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's another vote in favor of a re-shoot.  The problems with this shot are:

• The foreground subjects to be keyed are underexposed.
  • The subjects are too close to the green screen, leaving them susceptible to a lot of spill from the green screen.
  • The subjects and the green screen are not lit separately, further enhancing the probability for a lot of spill.

And once you re-shoot, you can also fix something that should have never happened in the first place.  You can white balance the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Consider this a third vote for reshooting. That footage looks terrible for keying. White balance, light properly, and things will be much easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines