• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Acrobat XI Pro Mac crashes on clicking stamp tool

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently upgraded my OS Sierra to version 10.12.4. Ever since the upgrade Adobe crashes everytime I click on the "Stamp" tool.

Any solutions please?

Thank you.

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Debugging crashes is almost impossible to do outside of the development department. Here is what I would do:

Open up Disk Utility and run the "First Aid" for both the disk and your boot volume. Reboot and see if that fixes the problem.

If you have any 3rd party Acrobat plug-ins installed, disable them by going to Acrobat's Preferences, then go to the "General" category and check the "Use only certified plug-ins" checkbox, restart Acrobat and see if it still crashes. If it does, it's very likely due to a 3rd party Acrobat plug-in, and you will have to work with the developer of that plug-in to resolve the issue.

Remove the Acrobat preference settings by  renaming the file ~/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.Acrobat.Pro.plist while Acrobat is not running. Start Acrobat again, does it still crash when you try to use the stamp tool? If so, you can then rename your saved preferences file back to it's original name.

Do you have custom stamps installed? If so, move them out of the stamp folder and see if that fixes your problems.

If this still does not resolve your issue, I would uninstall Acrobat and install again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you Karl.

Tried everything you've suggested except uninstalling and reinstalling Acrobat, and the issue is not resolved.

I didn't uninstall and reinstall as I'm concerned that I would run into problems when reinstalling. And Adobe will not help since I don't have product support any longer.

I have since found out that my Acrobat also crashes everytime I click on "Fill & Sign" tool as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines