• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow performance of LR

Explorer ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a desktop that is running very slow when I use LR 6.  It is configured with 12 GB of Ram and it still is slow.  I have checked the Task Manger and see that while I am doing a panorama merge, which is not going anywhere, I was using almost 100% if the ram.  Under performance is see that we are up to 11.7 GB of my 12 GB of ram.  In looking at the recommendations from Adobe it seems that they suggest 8 GB of Ram.  Any ideas or suggestions as to what is happening here?

Herman

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

The GPU accelerates most functions in the Develop module - currently only in the Develop module.

However, to see some gain you need a beefy GPU and a real gain in performance can only be seen oh Hi-res monitors (4k or higher).

Depending on the type of your GPU - though supported - it may be much better to have it turned off. If you are using the GPU (Intel HD4000) integrated in your CPU i7-3770K and don't have a dedicated graphic card you should turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which exact version of LR are you using?

What is the exact type of your CPU - how many cores?

Which OS?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F. McLion

Here is the information you requested attached. In addition we have downloaded the latest driver for our video card as well.

Thanks in advance

Herman J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

F. McLion

I forgot to include the processer information you requested.

Intel (R) core (TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40 GH

Installed memory (RAM) 12 GB

Herman J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not attach something when you answer posts by mail - We can not see the attachment. You need to login on the web to add an attachment or paste in a graphic.

OK, the CPU seems not to be the issue - Some report to have issues with CPU's with more than 4 physical cores.

Did you update to the latest version 6.10?

Can you give more details when exactly it is slow? In Develop? Did you try to enable/disable the GPU acceleration?

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the info.

I have not updated to the latest version because I was concerned with this problem and did not want to add another. Should I update?

Everything goes slow when I go into the Develop module.

I have turned off the GPU acceleration and it looks like my speed has improved dramatically. I did a panorama merge and it was completed in significantly less time than before I turned the GPU off.

This may have been my problem????

Can you tell me what the GPU is supposed to do? Do you want me to forward my system info via the web?

Thank you

Herman J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The GPU accelerates most functions in the Develop module - currently only in the Develop module.

However, to see some gain you need a beefy GPU and a real gain in performance can only be seen oh Hi-res monitors (4k or higher).

Depending on the type of your GPU - though supported - it may be much better to have it turned off. If you are using the GPU (Intel HD4000) integrated in your CPU i7-3770K and don't have a dedicated graphic card you should turn it off.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

F. McLion

Thank you for the information and we have shut off the GPU and our performance has improved. I am still getting a momentary (1-2) second delay in any action I take in the Develop module but I have not tried any other modules. Is that to be expected?

I will give you my processor and video card specs which I think are well above the recommended criteria established by Adobe.

Intel Core i7-3770 CPU@3401 MHz, 4 core, 8 logical processors

12 GB ram

Nvidia GTX 980/PCIe/SE2 video card

Asus 27” model PB278Q monitor set HDMI at 2560 x 1440

I would have expected no delays in my performance and are disappointed that we are experiencing any sort of delay.

Any further thought would be appreciated but thank you for your assistance to this point.

Herman J.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines