• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects CC2017 stopped recognizing CUDA

New Here ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using After Effects CC2017 for a few weeks with no issues. Suddenly, last night I opened a recent project and got this message: "This project was last used with Mercury GPU acceleration (CUDA), which is not available on this system. Mercury software Only will be used".

This is weird for a number of things:

- First, Adobe Premiere PRO recognizes and uses the CUDA available.

- After Effects gives me the option, in Preferences, to select GPU (vs. CPU), it's not greyed out.

- AE lists my NVidia card under CUDA (in GPU information).

- No changes have been made, and now all my projects show this message.

When I go to File>Project settings>Video rendering and Effects, the option to select Mercury Hardware acceleration (CUDA) is greyed out.

I re-installed the NVidia drivers 3 times, with no luck. I made sure (in the NVidia control panel) that, the necessary options are selected.

Has anybody had this issue or know how to fix it? I appreciate any help.

Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same issue, tried all the above.. After seeing that message for the first time, my rig has been acting up. Every time I close AE or open it, it takes 2-5 minutes to respond with a lot of freezing of all of windows (including mouse) on screen.

I have 7 Pascal Titan X's, 4 of them being fed out of an EGPU box, and since AE has been doing this, the 3 GPU's that are directly connected to the motherboard are not recognized in OctaneRender, but ARE recognized and used ONLY when opening AE for the 2-5 minutes it's freezing, which to me doesn't make any sense unless AE's GPU sniffer is somehow interfering with the gpu's validity. Because of this, I feel strongly that this is an AE issue. I would appreciate any help or suggestions.

If needed:

Windows 8.1 Professional

Rest of PC specs in description of following video - Seven Titan X Pascals 1000+ on #OctaneBench - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upgraded to Windows 10 in hopes of that fixing it.. It didn't. Been a few months now without Display acceleration. Screen tear is obnoxious. Please help me solve this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2017 Feb 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here.  Any solutions??

Macbook pro  10.10.5.  Nvidia GeForce 750m - updated nvidia driver 346.02.03f11.  AE 14.1.0.57

750m is on supported GPU list for AE.  Yet AE doesn,t give me a cuda option for video rendering. 
Screen Shot 2017-02-09 at 1.53.17 PM.png

Cheers.

- Ryan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TacoRye wrote:

Same issue here. Any solutions??

Macbook pro 10.10.5. Nvidia GeForce 750m - updated nvidia driver 346.02.03f11. AE 14.1.0.57

750m is on supported GPU list for AE. Yet AE doesn,t give me a cuda option for video rendering.

It's not the same issue for you.

The "supported" list is in regards to the (obsolete) ray-traced renderer.

The section you are looking at is for the acceleration of effects. On Mac, the GPU-accelerated effects use OpenCL and Metal. So the OpenCL option is what you want to use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cheers. 

So, it uses OpenCL on Macs with CUDA cards?  Seems odd. 

Thanks for the clarification!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, TacoRye. OpenCL is available on these cards in OS X.

Cheers,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2017 Mar 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JulieAndre,

Were you able to solve your issue? Have a look at my blog and see if it assists you: Enabling CUDA for Premiere Pro and After Effects in the MacBook Pro Retina

Please come back to the post and let us know what's going on.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 08, 2017 Aug 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anyone found a solution thank you?

2x 3,46 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon

Nvidia GeForce GTX 980 4Go

CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

benjaminh57354111  wrote

Has anyone found a solution thank you?

What problem are you experiencing? There have been a couple of (very different) things mentioned in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For after effects, in preference / information GPU the driver cuda is recognized .... but in parameter of the project one does not find acceleration GPU Mercury Playback Engine (CUDA). For Premiere pro CC is ok!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I've seen this issue on my machine, updating the drivers for my GPU solved it. Let us know if it works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have done this the updating of the web driver and cuda before the update CC 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I uninstall and then reinstall the driver and I still can not use acceleration GPU Mercury Playback Engine (CUDA) 
in the window of the project (video rendering and effects)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2017 Aug 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same problem on my Dell XPS 9650 and Premiere Pro CC 2017... CUDA option is greyed out. Has anyone solved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2017 Aug 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sydneya48781391  wrote

Experiencing the same problem on my Dell XPS 9650 and Premiere Pro CC 2017... CUDA option is greyed out. Has anyone solved this?

I did by updating my drivers.

I know of somebody else who did it by rolling back their drivers. Try updating and, if you're already on the latest, start trying older ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines