Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Distributing album online

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I want to use an Adobe Stock image for my album to be distributed digitally and I want to know if the standard license covers me.The album will be distributed on iTunes Amazon Spotify only online no physical copies.

Thank you

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

You should be fine up to a distribution of 500,000 copies. Same as a book cover. It's a good idea to add a photo credit inside the cover as well. My recommendation though would be to pay the extra few bucks and get the extended license to cover yourself. It's really a small cost considering the use and distribution. Don't have to sell many albums to cover it especially if it will be on iTunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Correct me if I am wrong, as I understand the primary entity of the product is the music (my music) not the cover so everything should be fine.

Please reply with words not with a link

Regards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You should be fine up to a distribution of 500,000 copies. Same as a book cover. It's a good idea to add a photo credit inside the cover as well. My recommendation though would be to pay the extra few bucks and get the extended license to cover yourself. It's really a small cost considering the use and distribution. Don't have to sell many albums to cover it especially if it will be on iTunes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Buy Adobe Stock
Getting Started