• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Need help splitting a 3,800 page medical record by a few variables

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a legal nurse consultant and just received a 3,800 page PDF file of medical records.  They are in order chronologically at this time.  However, I am looking for very specific information on each day of the hospitalization.  I just downloaded Acrobat DC Pro yesterday, to use on my Mac computer.   I have it all downloaded and have started watching youtube videos on how to navigate this program. I usually receive medical records from attorneys that have already been printed, so splitting and organizing is not such an issue, but because of a few variables out of my control, this one has to be done on the computer...and I am struggling.  There is a date range of a couple of months that the patient was hospitalized.  I need to split this document into individual days and make each day it's on file.  Each individual sheet in this file does have the date on it. I tried splitting the document, but I cannot see that I can split it by date.  I tried extracting, but there is a 10,000 word maximum.  I need this chart split into individual days, so that I can go back through and highlight the pertinent information that I can extract specific areas of documentation into another document.  Does that make sense? 

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be possible, but it would require a complex, custom-made script (or stand-alone tool, as 3800 pages might be too much for a script to handle). It will only be possible to do it if the files have a consistent structure that allows identifying the date on each page, though.

I'm assuming you can't publicly share these files, but if you wish to discuss this project in private feel free to contact me at try6767 at gmail.com. I've developed very similar tools for some of my clients in the past.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you so much!  I sent you an email. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines