• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe app on iPad disappears?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help me return five years of documents stored on Adobe.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chanlee1000,

Please help us with the more information, what exactly has happened and where have you saved all the documents?

Have you had the document saved under "Document Cloud" ?

You may login online on https://cloud.acrobat.com/recent  and check under "Document Cloud" storage.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had adobe reader on iPad x5 years then on Sunday app + all info no where to be found. Tried Apple back up to no avail. Any/all suggestions to find documents greatly appreciated.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, chanlee1000:

I'm so sorry to hear that your documents seem to be lost. I have a few questions that can help us help you.

Do you know if any update of the Acrobat Reader app or of iOS occurred right before your documents disappeared?

Can you say whether you were saving any of these documents on a cloud storage provider, such as Adobe Document Cloud or Dropbox?

Did you have documents stored in the "Local" folder in Reader?

Can you try going to the menu at the top, center of the app and choosing the various locations: "Recent", "Local", "Document Cloud", "Dropbox". Do you see any documents when you do so?

Can you look for the following entries the Settings app, and let us know what they say?

• General > About > Version
  • General > About > Capacity
  • General > About > Available
  • Adobe Acrobat > Version

Thank you,

Mike Laursen

Mobile App Development Manager, Adobe Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. No update recently

2. Version 9.3.5

3. Capacity 27.1 GB

4. Availability 18.4 GB

5. Adobe version ???? It's gone

I am distraught over losing five years of documents.

No save to cloud unless it was done automatically. No Dropbox box.

Please help

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, chanlee1000

It sounds like you might be saying that you don't have Acrobat Reader installed, going by Acrobat Reader not being listed in the Settings. Can you check one more time -- Acrobat Reader would be shown near the bottom of the list of Settings, where all the apps you have installed are listed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version I currently have installed on my iPad is 17.03.28. It was reinstalled post disappearance of the one with all my documents.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2017 Apr 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very sorry. If the Acrobat Reader app was somehow uninstalled from your iPad, all locally-stored files would have been deleted along with the app.

I'm not sure how the app got deleted. I know that sometimes I inadvertently get into the iOS app editing mode, in which all the app icons wiggle around and have an X in the top, left corner for deleting the app. I have accidentally deleted apps this way, although I'm not claiming that this is what happened in your case.

I know it isn't much consolation, but I do recommend in the future to back up your device's important files on a regular basis. We have a help document on how to back up Acrobat Reader files specifically:

How to back up and restore PDF documents on iPad/iPhone using iTunes

And there are Apple's general instruction on how to back up your device:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

Again, I am very sorry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the information and your time.

Sent from my iPad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines