• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Random images across repeated shape

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if there would be a way to have different images on, let's say four squares, but I want the images to be randomly selected. For example if I had 8 images to choose from, I want four of them to be randomly chosen and randomly placed over the center of each square for the entire duration of the object

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a bit difficult to visualize.  Can you provide a better idea, perhaps a screenshot of how this is designed and then explain?

Thanks,
Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well the design is really simple, each comp has four squares in them (ill be using more but this is only for an example), there would be 8 or more images in Project (dont have any images on desktop right now)

I want to randomly assign each square an image from Project. and in each of the following comp i want to randomly assign different pictures from Project. I am going to be making a lot of squares with randomly selected images in the center of each of them, and for every comp i want it to be a different randomized selection from the same set of photos. once i can get back to my main device ill try to give a more detailed example if you dont understand yet, sorry im not too good at explaining this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

edit:"group1" "group2" etc. are meant to be the comps i mentioned sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make your random images inside their own precomp and have each one frame long and then sequence them. Then, apply a random value to a time remapping expression to make it randomly choose which image to display.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks that sounds like it would work, I haven't tried yet but how would I prevent the same ima from showing up in several boxes. Like what if one photo gets randomly selected for more than one square

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could randomly sort your photos in the precomp and then set the squares to grab a certain frame based on their layer index. That would make things random, but not repeated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi BrandonG,

What did you end up doing? Did Szalam's advice help?

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines