• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Animated character sheet?

Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just looking for some advice on an idea I'd be interested in learning how to do. I hope this is okay to post.

I'm making a dice game and have made many a test character sheet on google docs and other things, as well as basic text versions. But as the game develops and more systems are getting added that will change frequently during battle, I thought what would be great is to create something of an interactive character sheet.

What I would like to do is to have a page with boxes and things as you'd expect to see on a char sheet but around some nice graphics building the page.

But features I want would include;

- Simple editable boxes

- Plus and Minus buttons either side of some boxes to increase or decrease the number more easily.

- graphs (maybe with invisible borders and fixed formatting) where you can add new rows. Like where you have a set of skills, with a button on the bottom that says "Add new skill" and adds a new row to be filled in, then later edited or deleted. (So like, a delete button at the side to remove a row)

I'd imagine these aren't terribly complicated scripts, but I've never had any experience creating interactive documents.

What I want to ask is, what software in the creative cloud would be good for creating this? as well as any guides anyone has that may help me or advice anyone can give me.

Thanks in advance for anything anyone can give me!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is related to what adobe program?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None in particular. I want to know what would be best to use to make something like this, as I'm not 100% familiar with all of the little programs Adobe has. I know how to use InDesign very roughly, and am quite familiar with illustrator for making graphics.

But I don't know if indesign could do anything like this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

indesign is more suited for publishing brochures and flyers.  adobe animate would be more suited to creating a game.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So if I wanted to create an interactive document that would be more related to creating a game. Unless I was just going for editable boxes

but for the advanced things I wanna do I guess I would need it as a flash then? Though I barely know how to string together an animation in animate haha. I would have to look up how to make something interactive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

adobe animate would be the right tool for creating an interactive animation that's displayed on the web, mobile device or desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines