Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects working slowly

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello guys.

I recently bought a new PC but my after effects is working quite slow, it takes a while to render the files. My system is:

Processor: i7 - 6800K (3.60 GHz)

Ram: 32 gb 4x8 DDR4 2666MHZ

Graphics card: EVGA GTX 1070

MB: ASUS X-99 Deluxe

Would anybody know what may be causing it to work slow? I thought some of the memory sticks might not be working but I don't think it's the cause... If somebody could give a help or let me know if I should improve my system please let me know.

I am using it for a animation but I've done just 10 seconds so far.

Thank you very much

Vitor Hugo

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
Mar 14, 2017 Mar 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All depends on how complicated (labor intensive) is your project. AE is a beast that can eat as much as you will give it to it, But please check:
- how much ram AE see your AE(edit/preferences/memory)\

- do you have any big images/photos used inyour project
- when you are rendering check how much ram/procesor is being used- do you use ray tracing for any 3D text/layers

- do you use any large not compressed video files (and for example have those files on the same hdd that you are rendering/exporting to)

- do you use add to render queue or add to AME render queue for rendering

And the most importtant question - what do you mean buy saying slow - i mean ... how complicated is your project and how much it takes to render?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2017 Mar 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the reply.

I'm not using any image or video, just shapes. It's going slow when I press to preview and it renders the part selected... I'm waiting around 2 minutes to preview 5 seconds of the clip.

I'll check if it is using the ram at its fullest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your composition set to anything other than Classic Renderer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi VitorHugo,

Did you ever solve this performance issue? Let us know if you still need assistance.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines