• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After Effects Error: Unbalanced Unlock

New Here ,
Mar 20, 2017 Mar 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so basically I'm using After Effects, and I'm trying to mask out a person in my video. The problem is I've started getting this error that says Unbalanced Unlock 7:40. I have no idea what it means, I've had to constantly restart AE, and now I'm saving every time I adjust my mask slightly, in case the error comes up again and I lose my work. It's become very annoying having to do that, and I can't figure out how to fix it. I've tried searching for the error, and have looked at the other discussion posts with this same exact problem. One of the solutions was to go to Edit>Purge>All Memory & Disk Cache. I've done this multiple times and I'm still getting this error. I have never had this problem before, and was able to mask out other objects earlier without issue. I've just been getting this error since yesterday, and it's making it impossible to get anything done. Even if I click OK on the error it won't go away. Clearing the memory and cache, restarting the program, nor restarting the computer have worked.

I'm using AE CC17, on Windows 10 64 bit.

Any answers regarding this issue would be great, thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

You might consider updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Mar 21, 2017 Mar 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using version 14.1.0, right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2017 Mar 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it's 14.0.1 actually

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might consider updating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi FatimaFess,

Are you still experiencing this error? Still need help? What happened after you updated? Please let us know if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2017 Apr 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I haven't gotten the error so far after updating, so it may have worked. I'm hoping that solved the issue, and I don't get the error again. Plus it only gave me that error when I worked on masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2017 Aug 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am meeting this problem too,I really do not know what's happened with AFTER EFFECT, The problem even prevent me to shut down my computer.

@

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2017 Jul 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just purchased CC using AE2017 getting the same error constantly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The workaround has been discussed here:

unbalanced unlock ( 7 :: 40 )

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 08, 2017 Nov 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This solution did not work for me. I'm still currently experiencing it, although I'm able to save after I hit OK. But if I so much as move the playhead on the timeline it pops up again. I'm running in a large sequence 7000x750, but just trying to place regular jpeg images in the frame. So far there are...8. Nothing majorly taxing. I've a robust 2013 Mac Pro, 32GB RAM, macOS High Sierra.

I do have some reszie expressions on two of the photos to conform their height to 750. It was making things act sluggishly, so I wonder if that has something to do with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines