• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search feature does not work in Japanese

May 26, 2008 May 26, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
I am doing localization of help files, and my Japanese help file does not support the search function. Whenever I am trying to search for anything that I am sure it is present in several topics, the message coming up is the it gave me the message that it did not find the string.
I tried also to install the RoboHelp on a Japanese image however it gives me the message that there is an issue with the sub licensing. I will check also with the technical support from Adobe about that issue.
I tried what was suggested in a different posting regarding, the apparently same search issue, however it did not work for me. When I ran the report for unregistered dll's it gave me some files that I have to install from Microsoft, however when I looked for them on the download site, nothing was found.
Normally, it should no be that hard to do helpfiles in a different language then English, shouldn't it?
I wonder if I did the right choice with Adobe RoboHelp...
Boggym

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 09, 2009 Jul 09, 2009

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Did you ever get a reply to this post ?

Did you find a work-round ?

I've got exactly the same issue, using RH7, with help systems translated into Japanese AND Chinese and would early like to know if there is a fix or if the issue has been corrected in RoboHelp 8.

Thanks

Graham

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp