Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can't autosave to cloud due to write permissions

Engaged ,
Apr 06, 2017 Apr 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm on Windows 10 Pro and for some reason I keep getting an error that Premiere Pro can't autosave to the creative cloud due to write permissions. When I go to the creative cloud folder which I placed on my internal  media drive there is a red line through the folder and read only is checked. Every time I uncheck it it reverts back to read only.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

yes that's my issue. Strange enough when I moved the creative cloud folder to another drive it worked. Not sure why though.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a weird one.

My first thought is to check 3G and 3H.  If those are OK, try 3F.

Unofficial Premiere Pro Troubleshooting Guide

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so this is weird. it's still giving me the error that it can't save but in fact it does save. If I go into creative cloud it says it's last saved time for autosave in the creative cloud for the project was 5 min ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is really odd now. Adobe Chat support is telling me this error is normal and that I have to change my scratch disk autosave to the creative cloud folder. That doesn't make any sense because if that were true then why is there a separate autosave option for the cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your problem just like this one? Premiere CC15.4 - Errors when autosaving/syncing to Creative Cloud

And you're following the steps in the "Auto-Save" section of this page: Sync settings with Adobe Creative Cloud

There may be an answer here: can't copy to file: /users/chris/creative cloud files/premiere pro/8.0/adobe premiere pro auto-save/...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes that's my issue. Strange enough when I moved the creative cloud folder to another drive it worked. Not sure why though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 01, 2019 Nov 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem, but on a mac. Could you please update your hyperlinks. It appears Adobe changed their website around and these links no longer go where they should.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already looked at those articles before posting. Didn't help. Here are two screenshots of what I'm seeing in Windows 10.

The properties screenshot shows a checkmark next to Read only. Whenever I uncheck it and click apply it reverts back to Read only and won't save unchecked

creativecloud1.PNG

creativecloud2.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 22, 2018 Jun 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been experiencing this problem on my MAC as well. I found that first, changing the scratch discs that were low on space to the CC, but that only worked temporarily. I found the solution, in my case. Bc I switched all of my Media/Auto-Save/Project Folders to the cloud, I had to go into the Preferences ->"Auto-Save" and UNCHECK the box to save a copy in the CC. Since you've set your scratch folders in the cloud, it would run into what seemed like a redundancy error, trying to save twice.

All of this is theoretical of course, BUT this worked for me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 29, 2023 Jun 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Worked for me too

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2020 Mar 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the solution!

It's because you are opening the files from "Creative Cloud Files" instead of "..\Documents\Movies"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines