Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Wrong version of lightroom 6 purchased

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just bought a licence of Lighroom 6.

I thought i needed an upgrade, but when installing it the message reads that i at the moment do not have the right version on my computer

so i cannot upgrade to version 6.

How can i exchange the update to a full version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is unclear, what was the exact word-for-word message?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Questions.

1) do you own a previous version of LR, LR 1, 2, 3, 4 or 5?

2) What exact operating system are you using, Windows or Mac OS X, and if Windows is it 32 or 64 bit?

Please answer these questions.

If you never owned a previous version of LR instead of buying the full version of LR 6 you might consider subscribing to the Photographer subscription plan for $9.99 (US) a month that included both the most current versions of LR and PS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression i had version 5, but this was never registerd was the message.

i work with windows 10 64 bits.

i now want to purchase the full version but with deduction of the price i already paid for the upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a serial number for LR V 5?

You don't need to have a previous version installed on your computer to use an upgrade version of LR 6. During the install and or start up for the first time it asks if you want to Try it, Buy it or enter a serial number. After entering a valid serial number for the upgrade version of LR 6 it then asks for a serial from a qualifying Previous version, and with LR that is any serial number from any previous version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 05, 2018 Mar 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have version purchased and installed on my computer, now I purchased a new FUJIFILM XE3 and need to upgrade to another version.   I will be moving to the lake where there is no internet at this time.   I will need to have a stand alone version on my computer that operates and will service my camera.  I want to upgrade then to Version 6.  

What is the process and what information do I need?  Can I just sign in and upgrade?

Gary

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are going to be in an area that has no internet, so the subscription based version won't work for you, I suggest you stay with the version you have and use the Free Adobe DNG converter program to convert the RAW files from the X-E3 to DNG files that will then import into your older version of LR.

Yes you can buy LR 6 as an upgrade but it is a Dead program. The last update for LR 6 came out in December 2017 and it won't be getting any more updates. And actually it hasn't gotten any new features since its release in 2015.

Adobe Digital Negative Converter

This stand alone software works on the Folder level. So just manually copy your image files into a folder then use the converter to make them DNG files. Then import into LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Subscription based software from Adobe works for 30 days with no internet.

Internet connectivity, offline grace period, and reminders | Adobe Creative Cloud apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually it works for 99 days with a reminder after 2 months.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Just+Shoot+Me  wrote

This stand alone software works on the Folder level. So just manually copy your image files into a folder then use the converter to make them DNG files. Then import into LR.

Or you could use the DNG converter as your download software, and not have to download to the hard drive first. Just designate the folder on the card is the input source, and specify a folder on the hard drive as the output source.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was under the impression i had version 5, but this was never registerd was the message.

I asked for the exact word-for-word message, not your impression of what the message said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

marcm92295361  wrote

i work with windows 10 64 bits.

i now want to purchase the full version but with deduction of the price i already paid for the upgrade.

If that Lightroom 5 is still installed on the computer, the installation of Lightroom 6 should find the serial number and then go ahead and install. Are you trying to install on a different computer than the one that Lightroom 5 was installed on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines