• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I facetag a photo, an IPTC Keyword tag is added in addition to the face region tag

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I facetag a photo, an IPTC Keyword tag is added in addition to the face region tag.

I don't need/want the IPTC keyword tag.

Can this behavior be stopped?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Probably not. Can you tell us why the IPTC keyword is bothering you?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably not. Can you tell us why the IPTC keyword is bothering you?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These redundant IPTC keywords are noise.

I maintain thousands of photos and I have a hierarchical keywords system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

LR always uses keywords to represent person names, and there is no way to disable this.

You can tell LR to add all new person tags under a parent keyword, e.g. "Persons".  Create the keyword Persons if necessary, then in the Keyword List, right-click Persons and select Put New Person Keywords Inside This Keyword.  You can also drag existing person keywords to that Persons keyword.  This will keep your hierarchy clean and organized.

To see all your current person keywords, in the Keyword List click People (just under the Filter Keywords search box).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines