• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can not write by arabic language in photoshop. The letters are not connected to each other.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

First, I am a student and I am using mac book air.

Second, I am from United Arab Emirates and our first language is Arabic.

When I try to write in photoshop using arabic:

1. It types the word at the wrong direction (left to right). It should type it from the right side to the left.

2. The letters are not connected to each other. It types the letters as individual letters which is not the case at arabic language.

I have download many arabic fonts and tried them all but they all give me the same problem.

Since me and many students are suffering from this issue your help will be most appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Engaged , Mar 25, 2017 Mar 25, 2017
  1. Edit > Preferences > Type (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > Type (Mac OS) > Middle Eastern and South Asian
  2. Click OK, and Restart Photoshop.

Image 691.png

3. Type > Language Options > Middle Eastern Features.

4. Paragraph > Right-to-Left Character Direction button should now be visible.

Image 693.png

More details on Kashidas and Ligatures are here: Arabic and Hebrew type in Photoshop

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Edit > Preferences > Type (Windows) or Photoshop > Preferences > Type (Mac OS) > Middle Eastern and South Asian
  2. Click OK, and Restart Photoshop.

Image 691.png

3. Type > Language Options > Middle Eastern Features.

4. Paragraph > Right-to-Left Character Direction button should now be visible.

Image 693.png

More details on Kashidas and Ligatures are here: Arabic and Hebrew type in Photoshop

Best Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marhaba Raissa,

Please follow above steps as detailed by servitor​ and Photoshop will behave well with Arabic text

My post here in fact is to ask about your school/university, can I know which one is it? And how come teachers couldn't help you out with this basic, yet important step?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried these options above but it doesn't exist in Indesign.

I am not sure how to fix this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the Paragraph direction and other Middle Eastern features doesn't exist in your InDesign, it is very likely that you don't have the Middle Eastern copy, or you have a quite old InDesign. Kindly provide further information so we can assist you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2018 Feb 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Zaid,

I've done all the steps and now I am able to type in Arabic on a new document.

However, I purchased a design, and when I try to change the text from English to Arabic

after following all the steps you mentioned, the Arabic is still jumbled and not connected.

I am even unable to change the type to middle easters from photoshop's menu because it

is no highlighted, even though the type from preferences is checked on Middle Eastern.

pls help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2018 Feb 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Marhaba Basma,

Make sure you change settings in both Character and Paragraph Panels in order to insert Arabic script correctly as shown below

Ps_Arabic-features.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2017 Nov 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i choose middle eastern ans south asian and i click ok.then i go to typr- language- middle eastern option is idle i cannot choose this option kindly tell me how to enable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines