• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 6 and the error 16 problem

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a copy of Lightroom 6 that I purchased. (I don't use it enough to justify getting the CC version.) The only way I can run it is to install it every time. I've already tried the SLStore and Adobe PCD folder fixes and neither of these folders existed. I created them (with full permissions for admin) and it didn't work. I've tried running the application as admin and that only produces a different error saying "Your application install seems to be damaged. Please reinstall the application." I'm at wit's end.

When it installed off the disk, it created this folder...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Lightroom\

Under that is Set-up.exe. That is what I have to run to get it working.

There are two sub-folders under that, App and Data. The executable lightroom.exe is in ...\Adobe Lightroom\App\Lr\

This is what I tried running as admin.

Since I have to reinstall each time, I can't use the Nik Collection on my photos.

What do I do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Hi michaelv98654497​,

I've just messaged you confirming that the serial number you provided to me is not valid, barring any typos in the number. I would suggest contacting the organization from whom you purchased Lightroom 6 and to ask for a return.  If you would prefer to purchase Lightroom 6, locally, then I would recommend you do so from an Adobe authorized reseller.  The reseller finder can be found at https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en.

Thanks,

Melissa

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please try the following steps:

• Remove LR completely. Also remove the folders you posted (..Files (x86)..Lightroom, SL store ...).
  • Reboot
  • Download the 6.0 installer from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom
  • Run the installer as admin (right click, run as ...)
  • Reboot
  • Download the 6.10 upgrade from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom
  • Run the 6.10 upgrade installer as admin (right click, run as ...)
  • Reboot

Post back your results.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These steps did not work at all. I have the LR install on a CD. These instructions are for the CC version. I'll try the other instructions and get back to you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The CC version and the standalone are the exact same program with the very same installers. The only difference is how you login and activate it - one can even switch the mode without re-installing.

The disk contains the 6.0 / 2015.0 installer which is the same you can download. You need to update to the latest version separately since there is no installer which directly installs the latest version - it's always the base installer and a cumulative upgrade.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted everything I could find about LR and re-booted. I downloaded the CC LR trial. Once that was completed, I attempted to license that install with the product key on my CD. It told me I had an invalid key.

I've also copied the disc contents to my computer and run the install as admin. This time I got a blank licensing popup that kept redisplaying and never launching the application.

At this point, I don't know what else to do. I'm beginning to think I might have been swindled and sold a bootleg copy. (It was an eBay purchase). Is there a way to verify this is a legitimate copy of LR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the serial you have start with 1160 and consists of numbers only? DO NOT post it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always download the software, you don't need the CD for this purpose.

All you need to have is a valid serial number or redemption key to get one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key does start with 1160 and it is all numbers. Like I said, I'm starting to think that is a bootleg.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The key does start with 1160 and it is all numbers.

Then it looks like a LR serial number - PM the serial to Melissa axmelissarios1, she's possibly able to verify it. She'll also receive a note of this post automatically.

Like I said, I'm starting to think that is a bootleg.

The CD is a 'don't care' if you download the software from the link posted.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 24, 2017 Apr 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi michaelv98654497​,

I've just messaged you confirming that the serial number you provided to me is not valid, barring any typos in the number. I would suggest contacting the organization from whom you purchased Lightroom 6 and to ask for a return.  If you would prefer to purchase Lightroom 6, locally, then I would recommend you do so from an Adobe authorized reseller.  The reseller finder can be found at https://adobedealreg.secure.force.com/PartnerSearch?lang=en.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi michaelv98654497​,

If the above steps don't work, you can also check this Error 16 help document: Configuration error in Adobe Creative Cloud​. It has some steps to help resolve the error.

Please let us know if either reply helped you resolve the issue by marking a reply as the correct answer. If you're still having trouble after following steps in both replies, please let us know what you've tried and what went wrong.

Thanks,

Melissa

Melissa Rios, Product Manager, Community Experiences & Platforms | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines