Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Update Muse Website Hosted On Amazon

New Here ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I host my Muse website on Amazon S3. I've been using Muse to design my own websites for a while now, but I'm not exactly sure how to correctly go about making changes when significant updates are needed. I understand that I can go to inbrowserediting.com to make minor changes.

Will I ruin my search engine ranking if I use Cloudberry Explorer, for example, to make my changes to my website and then simply copy/replace all of the files to S3? Or should I only update modified files only?

Thanks,

Enrico

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

It's unlikely to harm your SEO, unless you are making drastic changes to the site content or page names. Very often Muse needs to update the entire site content, if you add or remove pages, for example, as it needs to reflect the changes in internal links.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate
Guide ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't used AWS. Is there a reason you can't publish and update from within Muse?

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David,

Thanks for your reply. Amazon S3 is static only - it's not dynamic at all. You can check out this link: FTP/SFTP access to an Amazon S3 Bucket - Stack Overflow

The response I posted below is from this link. Cloudberry makes it really simple to upload files to S3, but is it "wrong" or will it harm my SEO to update a website in this way?

-Enrico

Well, S3 isn't FTP. There are lots and lots of clients that support S3, however.

Pretty much every notable FTP client on OS X has support, including Transmit and Cyberduck.

If you're on Windows, take a look at Cyberduck or CloudBerry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's unlikely to harm your SEO, unless you are making drastic changes to the site content or page names. Very often Muse needs to update the entire site content, if you add or remove pages, for example, as it needs to reflect the changes in internal links.

David

Creative Muse

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines