• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help! "Lightroom has stopped working" error. What should I do next?

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I  just purchased Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 (disk).  I installed it.  Now I go to open it and I get "Lightroom has stopped working.  Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is found."  I haven't even been able to open the program.  I have Windows 10 which it says is compatible.  I have 332 GB of space available. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Please update to the latest version 6.10.

Run the update from LR's help menu, the CC desktop app or download from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please update to the latest version 6.10.

Run the update from LR's help menu, the CC desktop app or download from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Keep your Lightroom version up to date

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has only started to crash immediately after the latest update of Win 10 (creator's update). It ran fine before then. I have the LR 6.10 standalone, all drivers etc properly updated and installed. The only change to my system is the WIN 10 update today.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working with the latest Creator's update as well - no issues so far.

You said that you installed from disk - this is LR6.0. Did it automatically update to 6.10 and did you verify it in the Help menu of LR?

Does it crash also if your run LR after a Windows reboot (not shut down and start)?

What if you run it as Administrator?

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have an Nvidia video card?  The latest drivers will cause a crash when you enter the development module.  Open with another catalog and turn off the video card in the preferences|performance tab.  At least, that worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that's a surprise. Nvidia said I needed to update the drivers (SLI 980ti cards) to get ready for Win 10 Creator';s update, and so I did. And the first program I ran was Lightroom!

So disabling GPU rendering has completely fixed my problem of crashing in the Develop module.

Very many thanks.

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 31, 2017 May 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the suggestion - disabled the driver and now working fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to rollback AMD Radeon (TM) R9 360 driver update from April 10, 2017 to February 10, 2017.  LR6.10 is back in business.  Machine has an i7 processor with 16G.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wasn't able to get into LR help, but I used the Download Photoshop LR link and got it updated.  Now I'm getting into it.  Thank you for all of your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines