Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 5 on Mac - Development is not saving

New Here ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings

I'm using Lightroom on Mac.. off late, i'm getting two issues, hope you can help me here..

[1] when i select "Metadata -> Save metadata to file"  --> no metadata file is being created nor any error message is generated.

[2] when i select "Remove photo.." on file and choose {Delete from Disk} button, file is just removed from catalogue and not from the disk (file is still in folder not moved to trash). 

Lightroom 5.7.1

Mac - macOS Sierra   10.12.3

i checked, Lightroom version and it is up-to-date.

any direction, suggestion to resolve is greatly appreciated.

regards

venu

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]
[Moved from Comments forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To answer #1, no "metadata file" is created unless the original is a RAW photo. Otherwise, the metadata is actually written into the photo file header.

To answer #2, I don't know the answer but I do know it has been discussed many times in this forum and if you search for the answer, I'm sure you'll find it. Just guessing, perhaps you have a permissions problem where the folder that the photo is in does not allow you WRITE permission.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

#1. yes, it is a RAW file, but still not writing to metadata to disk.

#2. i checked few threads, and it was referring to Windows OS or older version of Mac - not related to Sierra.. is there any "logs" of lightroom to check is there any folder permission issue (for info - it use to work few weeks back, but not now)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Do you have write permission in the directory/folder where the photo is stored?

2. So you didn't try the solutions given there? Please try them!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines