• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

whats the best computer specs for editing in premiere and after effects

New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, can you tell me if these specs are good enough for editing 2k footage In premiere / 3d editing in after effects with projects that have lots of animation/ layers.

I have no clue what to do here, any help would be great !

• 3.3GHz dual-core Intel Core i7 processor, Turbo Boost up to 3.6GHz
  • 16GB 2133MHz memory
  • 256GB PCIe-based SSD
  • Intel Iris Graphics 550

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. You posted your question in the non-technical Lounge forum, which is where you can connect with your peers for conversations that don't directly relate to product help and support. I’ll move your question to the Premiere forum so that you can get the answer you are looking for.

~Barb

P.S. For a list of all available product forums, see https://forums.adobe.com/welcome/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Hardware Forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't even know we had a hardware forum!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That dual core processor will be sloooooow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You really need a quad-core, 8-thread CPU and a discrete Nvidia GPU (preferably a higher-end one like a GeForce GTX 1060) in order to edit 2K content sufficiently smoothly on a laptop. You see, that dual-core i7 is actually slower than a desktop i3 CPU even without considering the GPU performance. And dual-core PCs are generally limited in practice to 720p as far as comfortable video editing performance is concerned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

With After Effects you need lots of memory and If you only have that one SSD your really need a second SSD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines