• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

composition widget intermittently functions

Explorer ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having a problem with a "blank composition widget" used as a mobile menu.

It sometimes works as expected and sometimes the menu items fail to appear but the close widget button is there. This is across several browsers, phone, desktop and laptops.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

You have been running into a a Muse glitch.

But there is a workaround: Set the transition of the menu composition from "Fade" to "Horizontal" or "Vertical" in every breakpoint, and all will work fine.

I’ll report this issue in the Muse prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this issue, too, sometimes and I have no clue why this sometimes happens and sometimes not.

I guess it works better if you use a lightbox composition widget?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fotoroeder,

Cheers for your confirmation that I'm not alone.

It is a super simple one-page site, with 2 images and some text. If it had a bunch of moving parts and crazyness going on I could see how it could possibly go sideways. This, on the other hand, is simple, so it must be yet another bug in Muse.

Okay, maybe somebody out there knows the secret to success? Do I need to stand on one foot, with my right arm raised at 36.2 degrees while I chant and make sure the trigger is placed 10px left of the center line of the page...sigh....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Now I know what´s wrong, you forgot to laugh like a seagull. Then it should work .

What about my suggestion to use a lightbox, empty as well by CLEAR ALL CONTENT • CLEAR ALL STYLING?

BTW, singing like a seagull is never wrong, promise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AHHHH!

Thats the key...I have been howling like a wolf. (and banging my head against my desk)

I am starting the whole thing fresh and I'll try the lightbox this time.

On the one hand, I hate muse, on the other hand, I WANT IT TO WORK SO, SO MUCH!

I swear that in the time I have spent trying to get things to work in Adobe I could have learned to hand code!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this depends on your age. And as far as I might have to design first in Sketch or Photoshop or Indesign and then start to code? No way. If you keep some rules like in this thread: Muse not redirecting to tablet version  and keep it simple, it works pretty well.

This head banging stuff works pretty good, too. Did it several times.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Joy whatsoever!

All I did was create the page, made one breakpoint at 320 with the lightbox menu, almost no formatting and it failed right at the get go.

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 10.07.05 AM.png

No idea what the problem is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mind, sending a .muse so we could have a closer look at it?

BTW, a breakpoint at 320px does not really make sense. What did you want to achieve with that?

Just give us a reduced to your issue created .muse with as much content areas (just colored) maybe anchor links to link at and your desired menu. This seems too strange.

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will in an hour or so. I need to recreate it without any of the clients content as it would be bad form to put their "site" out there in any way shape or form without their approval.

I am now in Indesign working on a different project. Print this time, where I know what I'm actually doing...most days!

I can tell you at this second I can induce the behaviour in the browser by dragging the window until the mobile menu icon appears, click on it...menu opens...drag window...menu closes...click on burger again...window sort of opens, but now no menu content in it. Not that this would be a common usage as mobile users won't be resizing the browser window, but this isn't the only way the behaviour happens. Most times I open it on my phone and it either works or it doesn't. Random it seems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I had the same. Let`s have a closer look at it. Maybe we have to report a bug.

And yes, of course no client data. A really reduced to your issue .muse.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, haven't had a chance to get back to this issue. I can tell you that if I mess with the width of the browser in any way shape or form after I have already clicked the trigger and closed it .....it won't open correctly again. Probably not an issue for someone on a mobile device, but if someone opens the page on a laptop and makes the window smaller they will have to either reload the page to be able to navigate the site...or sit there wondering why my clients website doesn't work. Thats not good!

So..yes a bug for sure.

Adobe Muse team...anybody know about this or what to do about it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Couldn`t you provide a .muse? Just the composition – any graphic element – any menu item (if automatic, add some empty pages).

If you watch this:  Steinmetzbetrieb Bernhard Binder-Steinmetzbetrieb Bernhard Binderder beste Steinmtzbetrieb aller Zei...​

and reduce to the mobile menu section you see, that I managed it quite well. It opens and closes as often as I want.

I chose a lightbox composition widget instead of a blank composition widget. This way it works, I guess (don`t ask me why).

Hope this helps

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the link.

OMG....I have so many questions for you! hahaha...

But I will stick with the one at hand.

• When you open the file drag the browser window until the burger shows up
  • click it and a menu should open
  • click the close trigger
  • resize the browser window to a desktop size
  • let go
  • Grab edge of browser and drag it until you get the burger again
  • click it and you "may" find it does not open correctly
  • It doesn't seem to matter if I use a blank composition or lightbox

Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you upload to CC? I never did it? No need for dropbox? Great!

cuzimeasy  schrieb

• When you open the file drag the browser window until the burger shows up
  • click it and a menu should open

It does not show the menu items, at the first "hamburger menu breakpoint" I do only see the close button

I then check : "should hide at first" in the control panel (translation from German might be not 100%)

Bildschirmfoto 2017-04-16 um 00.28.17.png

No change – still looks bad.

It change after the second "hamburger menu breakpoint". Then I can see the menu items,

It is really strange, it will take some time to get a closer look-sorry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yah! uploading to cc is cool.

Go to your CC icon in the menu bar.

Assets

Files

Open folder

then in your favourites on the left side will be a "CC cloud files" folder.

Drag the file there

back in the cc window click view archive

files- All

under the file is a dropdown menu - send link

"easy peasy"!  😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been running into a a Muse glitch.

But there is a workaround: Set the transition of the menu composition from "Fade" to "Horizontal" or "Vertical" in every breakpoint, and all will work fine.

I’ll report this issue in the Muse prerelease forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you Günter, Does this sometimes work (as in binder201701.businesscatalyst.com) and sometimes not?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Gunter,

I will try that.

Thanks.

-Keith.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Apr 29, 2017 Apr 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cheers for your confirmation that I'm not alone.

And T_H_A_N_K  Y_O_U  !!!!!

Günter Heißenbüttel​

For finding a solution!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cuzimeasy​, now we have one of the ACPs on our side, isn`t it great? Thanks cuzimeasy​ for the CC stuff. Didn`t even think about it so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it always helps to have a person with the "keys to the castle" involved.

Also great to have people like you offering up help as well...you just never do know where the solution will be found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IN this case it is even not a solution but a workaround. Still strange that it works seamlessly on my side with my file and I couldn`t find a way to achieve it with your file with the same tools. Hm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

?? The way I suggested works fine on cuzimeasy's Muse document, or did I get you wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it works on cuzimeasy's Muse document, but why does the same widget work in my site from binder without that I have to change the transition from fade to horizontal or vertical in every breakpoint. I chose a simple lightbox composition widget and I couldn´t get this to work in cuzimeasy's Muse document.

Your workaround, of course does work perfect (this horizontal appearance is something that does not disturb that much). And as fas as I know now, there`s a way to handle this issue – it is good to know.

Anyway I can accept this as part of the bug, that it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn´t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You know the answer: ---­­> Dropbox or CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines