• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

just upgraded to a canon T7i and there is no camera raw support for this model, does anyone have a fix?

New Here ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just upgraded to a canon T7i and there is no camera raw support for this model,   does anyone have a fix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Camera Raw 9.10 and Lightroom 6.10 were release moments ago. They both support the Canon t7i.

ACR 9.10 now available

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 05, 2017 Apr 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'll have to wait for the next update release of Camera Raw. Take note that the update will only be compatible with Photoshop CC and Photoshop Elements 15. If you are using an earlier version then you can download the next release of the DNG converter. In the meantime I'm sure the Canon software will allow you to edit the raw images and save tiff files that can be edited in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 07, 2017 Apr 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

James is correct. What I can tell you is that we're definitely aware of this model and hope to support it in a future release of Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 10, 2017 Apr 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Canon t7i as well and have the same issues.  The only solution that I have come up with while waiting for the update is to just download the software found under this product from Canon's website.  Digital Photo Professional 4 and it opens the raw files and can edit them as well.  Have to watch some tutorials on how to use it but it works!!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw 9.10 and Lightroom 6.10 were release moments ago. They both support the Canon t7i.

ACR 9.10 now available

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad there's an update. Not sure about the naming convention though.

We now have both Camera Raw 9.1 and 9.10 on the camera support table.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

I appreciate that 9.10 (nine point ten) is supposed to come after 9.9. However, 9.1 and 9.10 could be viewed as the same version number. That'll be mis-read by some people for sure. Type "9.10" into Excel and you'll get "9.1" without further formatting.

Likewise 9.1.1 could be mis-read as 9.11 (if there is a 9.11).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate that 9.10 (nine point ten) is supposed to come after 9.9. However, 9.1 and 9.10 could be viewed as the same version number. That'll be mis-read by some people for sure. Type "9.10" into Excel and you'll get "9.1" without further formatting.

Case in point:

LR update

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see any problems with this version numbering. A version number is a sequence of ordinal numbers, separated by a period, representing a hierarchy. A version number is NOT a decimal number. Period.

Sure, things get confusing because the separator and the decimal sign used in the US look the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got the T7i yesterday. Lightroom does not recognize the T7i RAW files on my laptop....I have a newer Macbook Pro using Mac OS Sierra. I'm using the Adobe subscription Creative Cloud Photography plan which includes Lightroom and Photoshop. Both are updated according to Adobe.

PS works fine with the RAW files, but LR does not recognize them. The version of LR is showing as 2015.7. The version of Camera Raw is showing as 9.7.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As mentioned in the posts above, you need at least camera raw 9.10 which is later that 9.7.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I get that version? When I click on "Updates" from LR, it takes me to my Adobe Creative Cloud where it normally takes me to update. But there are no upDates. tells me I'm "up to date".

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 3.03.29 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's my software status from LR.

Screen Shot 2017-04-16 at 3.23.52 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The latest Camera Raw update is 9.10 (which is different than 9.1, the 0 is significant in this case). If you cannot get this update from the Creative Cloud Application Manager then you can download the installer directly from the following website:

Camera Raw installer for Adobe Photoshop CC and CS6

The Canon T7i requires this latest update.

You can also download the latest Lightroom update at the following website:

Download Photoshop Lightroom

Click on the Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 6 link at that website and then choose the appropriate update for your operating system. Note that the update will take care of both Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jim, thank you for taking the time to reply to me. Here's what happened from that.

I did what you said with the Camera Raw installer you linked to. The Camera Raw 9.10 downloaded successfully to my computer and I then went through the installation process without any problems, or so it seemed. But still, my LR did not update to that new Camera Raw 9.10 version.

I now realize why my computer wouldn't update my LR to the newest version of Camera Raw. It's because the Sierra operating system on my Macbook had not been updated to the most recent version of Sierra. I realized that after going to my office where I have an iMac desktop with LR installed and that one could recognize the RAW files that my Macbook couldn't. I saw immediately that it had a newer version of Sierra installed in it. So, after installing the new Sierra OS to my Macbook and rebooting, my LR Updates automatically offered a new update for me. I updated and now everything works perfectly and LR now recognizes RAW files from my T7i on my Macbook.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you have everything working now. But understand that you cannot update Lightroom with the Camera Raw plug-in update. Lightroom has to be updated with an update from Adobe that updates the Lightroom program. The Camera Raw plug-in update is for Photoshop and Photoshop Elements. Lightroom has to be updated separately because all of that technology is part of the Lightroom program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, JH.  Yeah, until I got that updated Mac OS installed with the newest Sierra version, Adobe wasn't offering me any LR update but instead was telling me I was "up to date". I'm glad this is past me and can start enjoying my new camera. It's been a very good learning experience for me for next time this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

maxwyss  wrote

I don't see any problems with this version numbering. A version number is a sequence of ordinal numbers, separated by a period, representing a hierarchy. A version number is NOT a decimal number. Period.

Sure, things get confusing because the separator and the decimal sign used in the US look the same.

Not sure I follow. Can you give some examples?

I'm seeing regular confusion in the forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not quite sure whether I get the request…

Go to the Applications folder, select some applications, and hit Cmd-I. There you will se various version numbers.

It is kind of a convention that version number have the format "9.9.9". Sometimes you may also see a beta character, or other characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I'm very familiar with version numbering.

My issue is that Adobe's version numbering can be confusing, especially to newbies and especially when we hit double figures. It's already happening in the forums.

9.10 can be read as 9.1. Some people are not aware that 9.10 comes after 9.9. Why not 9.91 for the sake of clarity?

LR update [Why is the update after 6.9 called 6.1?]

The next update will logically be 9.11. That's bound to be confused with 9.1.1, the last version compatible with CS6. CS6 users will check the Camera Raw supported cameras table, see 9.11 and tell us their Camera Raw plug-in is up-to-date when they actually have 9.1.1 installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If people are too limited to see the difference between a version number and a decimal number, we can't help them. It's as simple as that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood. I disagree.

I also understand that nothing will change. I accept that I'm in the minority on this minor issue. I just think there are less confusing ways to serve customers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let's agree to disagree…

Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Agreed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines