• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I use camera raw 9.5 in my Photoshop CS6?

New Here ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Photoshop is CS6. I buy a camera [Nikon D500] recently. I always take pictures by RAW. Then I need use camera raw 9.5.

But PS CS6 just can update to camera raw 9.1.1.

So, How can I use camera raw 9.5 in my Photoshop CS6?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

You cannot use Camera Raw 9.5 with CS6 .

However you can download the DNG convertor, convert your raw files to DNG then open them with ACR 9.1.1

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 03, 2017 Mar 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot use Camera Raw 9.5 with CS6 .

However you can download the DNG convertor, convert your raw files to DNG then open them with ACR 9.1.1

Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is very disheartening as someone who has owned every version of Photoshop since 4.0  (and most of the CS suites).  I haven't embraced the CC trend, but I do own MasterSuite CS6 as well as Light room 4.   It never occurred to me that they wouldn't update the CS6 RAW plugin to support current model cameras.

I'm really disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But Adobe do update and make the DNG convertor available to anyone with a newer camera and older versions of camera raw.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You chose not to upgrade! CC is just Cs7, Cs8, CS9 and CS10.  Adobe didn't stop and keep maintaining CS6 for people who decided to freeze...Of course if you freeze versions you won't get support for new devices and features, why disappointed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't like the subscription based model of the CC products.  I didn't mind a one time $999, $1399 or $2500 fee, and I'm still of the mind where I prefer to own software.  I'm still not on board with subscription based creative services that require an online presence.   I feel guilty for every month I don't use them.  I prefer prepaid, one time purchase.    I don't expect all features to be maintained, though the RAW Plugin is somewhat of a tradition.   And, I think it would be reasonable for the camera companies themselves to subsidize the maintenance of the plugin, or offer their own 3rd party plugins for Photoshop.    At the minimum, I wish adobe would make a DMC DropLet (a single .EXE where you can drag-n-drop the files you want to convert) rather than the ugly full directory version.  The DMC app looks like a 1990's batch converter from ImageReady.  I don't typically want to convert ALL my RAW files, just selective ones.   Oh well.  I'm largely just a casual user at this point.  I don't do professional Photoshop work anymore.  (Which is yet another reason I don't want the subscription.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess I missed the press release that Adobe stopped supporting CS6 in January, and no longer sells licensees.   I've been putting off CC since 2013.   At some point I'll have to reconsider.   The "Raw Plugin" is just a singular pain point.  So much for being a troglodyte.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can make a shortcut on your desktop for the DNG Converter and drop individual files into the shortcut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Super!  I was trying to drag and drop on open window. I'll try with shortcut instead.  Thanks for the tip!

I can turn that into a fairly usable workflow in place of a RAW Plugin.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 18, 2017 Sep 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your point is very valid and there are many people, myself included, who feel the same. I didn't mind paying the money as a long as I received software that I owned.  Most power corporations like Adobe are not the slightest bit concerned with the customer, per se. It's just business and politics, and in all fairness, that's all it is. However, there are some people who seem to make infantile driven comments expecting for some big wig at Adobe to read their crass response and give them some kind of discount on subscriptions. I hope you found a solution to your problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines