• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.hhc contains invalid HTML Tag

New Here ,
Sep 04, 2008 Sep 04, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've recently converted my X5 projects to RH7 and am getting numerous issues. The latest one is as follows:

I have several SSL's within each of my projects. I am able to generate the SSL's fine but when i come to view them they all say the following - 'The file mk:@MSITStore:c:\RoboHelp\PensionsConvOB\PCOB1\!SSL!\10805.chm::/10805.hhc contains an invalid HTML Tag'

I also have one SSL that i am unable to view at all and when try to open in live environment says that the file cannot be found'

I have checked the TOC and all relevant topics are in there. Any ideas?!

Thanks,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even when not converting or upgrading, SSL files can get corrupted. Try creating a new SSL with similar settings to one of the old ones. Does that work better?

Good luck,
Leon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Failing Leon's excellent advice, click here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 11, 2008 Sep 11, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
FYI, the above did not solve the issue when I experienced it. (I checked the link to the other thread, as well.) What did solve the issue was deleting any invalid CHM files from the project MANUALLY (possibly due to complications with RSC):

1. With project closed, check out all files from RSC using RSC Explorer.
2. Using Notepad, delete references to the offending CHM files from the HHC, HHP and XPJ files, as well as rhbag.apj.
3. Delete the project's CPD file from your hard drive.
4. Open the project (the CPD file is created from scratch) and recompile. Fixed!
Hope this helps someone.
Eileen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp