• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't import mp4 files into After Effects

New Here ,
Apr 01, 2017 Apr 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I try to import mp4 files to After Effects, but only images will import.  It doesn't give me an error message or anything, just simply ignores the video files.  I am using After Effects CS2. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Well...

I am using After Effects CS2.

Forget it. Those old versions cannot import these modern formats. Back then this was all handled through Quicktime.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well...

I am using After Effects CS2.

Forget it. Those old versions cannot import these modern formats. Back then this was all handled through Quicktime.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2017 Apr 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awe, okay. 

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can use the free Adobe Media Encoder to convert the unsupported MP4 files to After Effects CC supported file formats.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 07, 2021 Feb 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Transcoding is not a very professional option.  Generation loss is a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I had a similar problem yesterday..

When trying to drag the mp4 folder into the after effects project window in the app a little cross would appear showing I couldn't complete the action. 

If I clicked on the menu running across the top of the screen and imported the media that way selecting the files it loaded into the project menu absolutely fine. 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reverting one version of Premiere, After Effects, AND Media Encoder worked for me.  Then I restarted my computer, and it worked.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines