Exit

2 bugs since the last update

Community Beginner ,
Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys

I have noticed 2 bugs since the last update

1 - the color gray is always selected per default when I launch LR and its really annoying, any idea why ?

2 - all the panels turned black after few mn with no activity, the only way to get them back is to re launch LR, any idea why ?

Many thanks,

Thierry

OS 10.12, MacBook Pro

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 4.13.07 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Apr 12, 2017 Apr 12, 2017

2 - all the panels turned black after few mn with no activity, the only way to get them back is to re launch LR, any idea why ?

Adobe is struggling with this bug, which has affected many in the last few versions.  They think that 2015.10 (the most recent version) should improve the situation for many, but some are still reporting problems: Lightroom 2015.7+: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Family Customer Communi… . Please add your me-too vote to that

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1 - the color gray is always selected per default when I launch LR and its really annoying, any idea why ?

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 4.13.07 PM.png

Your screenshot doesn't show it selected.  Here's what it should look like when it's selected:

Can you provide a screenshot of the entire upper right corner, similar to the one above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2017 Apr 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

voila, just launched LR and see the gray selected per default ;(

Screen Shot 2017-04-13 at 8.28.22 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

just launched LR and see the gray selected per default

Can you post a screenshot of the entire upper-right corner, like this:

untitled.png

That could help clarify what's going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 14, 2017 Apr 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

voila, just launched and got this color selected

Screen Shot 2017-04-14 at 12.02.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That helps to rule out some possibilities.

1.  Make sure Library > Enable Filters is unchecked. Exit and restart LR.  Is the right-most grey square still selected?

2. If yes, then try resetting LR's preferences: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unlock the Padlock!  (with a mouse click)

I think you have the filter for photos "without a color label" enabled AND locked. This will survive closing and opening Lightroom.

ScreenShot216.jpg

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 15, 2017 Apr 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

same thing: even doing this, the gray is selected back when I clicked on Attribute

very strange bug

Thierry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

even doing this, the gray is selected back when I clicked on Attribute

very strange bug

Thierry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You tried both steps 1 and 2?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

see attached what I have when I started LR

still gray selected

Screen Shot 2017-04-17 at 8.15.21 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-04-17 at 8.15.47 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your screenshots confirm LR is acting inconsistently. When Library > Enable Filters is unchecked, the filter bar should look like:

Did you reset the preferences as described in step 2 above?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did and I just redo the process and got this gray selected, even I updated today LR

any idea ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I remembered a possible solution from several years ago: Click on Custom:

Then click on Update Preset "Filters Off":

Restart LR. 

If that doesn't fix it, then try Restore Default Presets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just did it and same bug, sorry for that

I am the only one to get this bug ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Similar symptoms have been reported here a few times in previous versions of LR.    But resetting preferences or doing Restore Default Presets have fixed those instances.

You could file a bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum: Photoshop Lightroom | Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is struggling with this bug, which has affected many in the last few versions.  They think that 2015.10 (the most recent version) should improve the situation for many, but some are still reporting problems: Lightroom 2015.7+: Panels and filmstrip black when switching to Develop macOS Sierra | Photoshop Fam... . Please add your me-too vote to that bug report, along with details of your issue, and copy and paste the output from Help > System Info.

You can try resetting your preferences, which has helped some people: https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/ . But for most, the only reliable workaround is to roll back to 2015.7: Lightroom roll back to prior update version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will wait then that adobe find the bugs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines