• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

flashplayer installation stuck

Community Beginner ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have executed the adobe flash player file. it says installation will begin shortly.  It is still on 0%.

This has happened the last several times flash player has notified me to up date. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

I use windows 7 , after download the installation file , right click at that file and Run as Administrator. It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use windows 7 , after download the installation file , right click at that file and Run as Administrator. It works for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I entered my administrator credentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I went back and did it just like you said and this time it worked.  But before I did not right click and select run as administrator but I had to ok it as admin any way so I don't know what the difference is. Quirky computer.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have had this same problem for months. I have missed 2 version updates (24 & 25). I have walked away for over 30 minutes and flash is still "installation will begin shortly" at 0%. I am running Win-7. I have tried right after a reboot to eliminate the possibility of some conflict.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2017 Apr 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Could you please provide the FlashInstall.log and Adobe_ADM.log file from your affected machine. To get the location of the log files please see Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? link. To share the same, you can upload them. For instructions to upload you can go through How to share a document​. Once you have uploaded the logs please post a link here.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the clear instructions. Here is the link for my install log.

Shared Files - Acrobat.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The link provided only has the FlashInstall.log file.  Please also upload the Adobe_ADM.log file.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no Adobe_ADM.log file. Here is AdobeARM.log if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2017 Apr 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AdobeARM.log is for different Adobe products, not Flash Player.  If you're using the online installer (the installer downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer) it will be the online/shim installer, which generates the Adobe_ADM.log file, saved in the C:\Users\YourUseID\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeADM_Logs directory.  If you're using the offline installer, then the Adobe_ADM.log file will not be generated.

What is the name of the installer file you are using?

According to the FlashInstall.log file provided, the last Flash Player installation was the NPAPI plugin version 23.0.0.162 on February 7, 2017.  The log file doesn't record any other installation attempt since then.  I do see numerous Background Update errors, which is preventing the Background Update service from updating Flash Player.  I'd like to investigate these errors further.  Please do the following:

1. Click on the Windows orb:
  2. In the search field enter Services
  3. In the search results click Services to launch the Services window
  4. Look for Adobe Flash Player Update Service
  5. Right-click on Adobe Flash Player Update Service and select Properties
  6. When the Adobe Flash Player Update Service Properties window displays, take a screenshot of the General tab and post it in your reply.  See How do I attach a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last download I tried was flashplayer25_xa_install.exe (Firefox download remembered)
I recall a different file name  sometimes in recent past. It may have been the HA version but the install file disappears after I try to install.

The Adobe updater service is currently stopped but it was running during my last attempt to update. I tried to update immediately after a reboot. I downloaded it. Stopped my browser and tried to install. Then the installation froze. At that point I stop unnecessary programs & services running and go about my business.

AdobePrty.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2017 Apr 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last download I tried was flashplayer25_xa_install.exe

This is the online installer and will delete itself after it is executed.  The online installer does generate the Adobe_ADM.log file saved in the C:\Users\YourUseID\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeADM_Logs directory.  The log file is generated as soon as the installer is launched.

I tried to update immediately after a reboot. I downloaded it.

Was this from a notification update you received?  If so, it's not related to the background update service.

According to the screenshot, the Background Update Service is disabled, it should be set to Manually.  Since this is disabled the Background Update Service will never run, preventing your system from being updated via the Background Update service, which is the most efficient and quickest way to update Flash Player after a release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most recent attempt was tried thusly. I booted. I went to adobe.com and downloaded the update. I shutdown the browser and double clicked the install file. The Background Update Service was still running. The install failed by getting stuck at 0% complete. After the failure I stopped unnecessary back ground tasks; the Background Update Service being one of them. Over the last few months I have tried various permeations to update flash with the same result.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2017 Apr 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please upload the Adobe_ADM.log file saved at C:\Users\YourUseID\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeADM_Logs to cloud.acrobat.com/send for the most recent installation attempt and post the link in your reply

The original OP to this topic was able to solve the issue by right-clicking on the installer file and selecting 'Run as Adminitrator'.  Have you tried doing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2017 May 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am always asked for and provide the admin password. Earlier this week, after a reboot I tried again twice. This time I received a message about unable to connect. I tried twice and gave up. My internet worked just fine immediately afterwards. I have that log but I don't want to obfuscate the original problem.

Today, after a reboot I tried again and again it got stuck at 0% complete. I copied the AdobeARM.log before ending the upgrade process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 08, 2017 May 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am always asked for and provide the admin password.

Is your UserID an Admin user or is it a standard user?

AdobeARM.log file is for other Adobe products, not Flash Player.  AdobeADM.log file, saved at C:\Users\YourUserID\AppData\Local\Temp\AdobeADM_Logs is for Flash Player.  Please provide the AdobeADM.log file.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I booted this AM, logged on as a standard user, got the Adobe Flash needs updating message, clicked download; enter admin password; the installation froze at 0% complete.  Here are the adobe_ADM.log & adobe_GDM.log that were created this AM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 15, 2017 May 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm not seeing errors in the Adobe_ADM.log file and will need to forward it to the online installer team for further review.

To confirm, the behavhiour:

1. You reboot the system
  2. Upon log in, a notification stating an update is available displays
  3. You click download
  4. At this point does the browser launch to the adobe.com site to download the installer? or does it try to download a file?  Please post a screenshot of the window that hangs at 0%

If these steps are inaccurate, or incomplete, please correct, or add, to them.

Thank  you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install does not begin automatically. I must double click the file.

Flash0.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2017 May 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for confirming.  I'll forward this along to the online installer team.

Can you try the offline installer and see if that works for you?  Using the standard user account  you will be prompted to provide Admin credentials to install.  The offline installer is posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page, in the 'Still having problems' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had previously stated I tried with and without any browsers running. I tried again after applying some Microsoft updates and re-booting. The results were the same, installation stuck at 0% complete. Here are the last few lines from that log.

05/29/17 17:56:55:052 | [INFO] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext |  |  | 5416 | Both Auto Update and Silent Auto Update are enabled. (Not show preferences)

05/29/17 17:56:55:270 | [INFO] |  | ADM |  | WorkflowManager |  |  | 5416 | WorkflowManager.startPrechecks for product:Adobe Flash Player isPreInstalled:false isDiskSpaceAvailable:true

05/29/17 17:56:55:270 | [INFO] |  | ADM |  | WorkflowManager |  |  | 5416 | WorkflowManager.startPrechecks for product:McAfee Security Scan Plus isPreInstalled:false isDiskSpaceAvailable:true

05/29/17 17:56:55:270 | [INFO] |  | ADM |  | WorkflowManager |  |  | 5416 | WorkflowManager.startPrechecks for product:True Key by Intel Security isPreInstalled:false isDiskSpaceAvailable:true

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The log excerpt doesn't provide much information, and no warnings/errors.  Please follow the instructions at Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on Windows? to enable verbose logging for the online installer.  Run the installer again.  Let it hang for a few minutes, then exit out by clicking the 'x' in the upper right corner of the window.  Upload the Adobe_ADM.og and Adobe_GDE.log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send and post the link to the uploaded files.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I booted my PC, received the Flash update popup, clicked it, it opened my Firefox browser, download, closed browser, ran file. let it stay at installation 0% complete for over half an hour, then killed it.

The FlashInstall.log was last updated 2/6/17

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going to assume you are using the online installer, downloaded from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, and my reply is based on this assumption. Please correct me if my assumption is wrong. 

The reason for my assumption is that the log file you provided, FlashInstall.log has not been written to since February.

The online installer downloads and installs Flash Player silently in the background, the fact that FlashInstall.log file hasn't been written to since February indicates the failure is occurring much earlier in the process.

Please provide the verbose Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log file as previously requested (comment #21).

Alternatively, you can try using the online installer, posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Windows 7 and earlier page in the 'Still having problems' section.

However, providing the online installer log files will help us troubleshoot the issue.

When you reply, please specify which installer you are using.  The best way is to provide the file name of the installer.  This will help tremendously in providing the appropriate assistance that corresponds with the installer you are using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2017 Jun 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried both techniques over these months because it is not clear whether a browser should be running or not. The last four installs I have used flashplayer25_xa_install.exe
Over the last few months I recall a slightly different name flashplayer25_ha_install.exe also been tried.

https://files.acrobat.com/a/preview/0313b934-0da2-4499-ba1f-86359671aa29

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines